Lurker
Yes, I admit it, I have been lurking!! Throw me in the slammer and toss the keys. Lurking is what I have been able to do lately to keep up with what the rest of my bloggin friends have been up to. I have been out there, occasionally. I promise, I will come back, maybe, in a sort-of-kind-of way. So, maybe I won't be back full strength, but I will be back. This month has been busy, to say the least, but it has given me a chance to sit back and do things off the computer, which I have loved! I actually get my kitchen clean before I go to bed at night now. (That is a huge step for me!!)
I certainly plan on updating and browsing and leaving comments here and there. However, my traditional weekly posts will be more scarce.
On that note, I would like to close with my 2008 Resolutions~
~ Simplify.... I plan on reading in my scriptures still, but will not give myself a defined deadline or goal to reach so I don't stress.
Birthdays this year will not include a houseful of kids!!! One special friend for a sleepover, I will still make a cake of choice, but it will be shared by family.
~ Less time on the Internet and more time with my family and home.
Internet is not bad. I am just choosing to let a little more of it out of my life now. For those of you who remember, I had a small handmade jewelry website. I loved making the jewelry, selling it, but dealing with packaging and taking the time to do all the business stuff was too much. And I found myself online all the time thinking of ways to make my website better, shopping for supplies, etc. My getting into blogging was kind of my nicotine patch. It has worked great! Hopefully I will be able to accomplish even more this year.
~ Exercise my brain and body!!
I will be joining a gym again. I was a member in Houston before we moved, but have been finding myself lacking the energy I crave and felt when I was going before. I have also made it a goal (SHHHHHHHHH!!!) to get back into my wedding gown to wear on my 10th anniversary this year. (Back story... I had my wedding gown custom made to be a Temple Gown which I can wear to the Temple regularly. However, upon taking pictures on my wedding day it became frayed and was no longer ready to wear into the Temple again. So, I will be having it repaired once I am able to wear it comfortably again and hopefully on Shawn's and my 10th anniversary in December I will be able to slip into it and we can go to the Temple for our anniversary.)
I am planning on supplementing some history lessons into my kids education which they receive in the public schools. My friends here who home school have been a great help and I am excited to begin. This doesn't mean I will be homeschooling them, just doing 2-3 lessons after school.
~ I want to be able to play one church song on my violin by the end of 2008! This is my goal, and I plan on working on it!!
~ Try to overcome my Laundry Phobia!!! I hate doing laundry. Give me dishes to wash, a floor to vacuum, but leave me no laundry to fold... Yuck!!
These are some that I have chosen to share. I have a few more that I will be working on as well. I hope this New Year presents a challenge on each of your lives which you can handle with strength, courage, and dependence on others for help. This may sound weird, but it is a lesson I think each of us needs to face once in a while. 2008 will be a year of growth, I can feel it!! Until next year!!!!






8 comments:
Good luck and Godspeed on your resolutions! I personally hope you achieve the wedding/temple dress goal. Although, I will be rooting for you in the laundry department as well since I am a fellow laundry-phobian.
I just love your post. Thank you for reminding me the proper frame of mind and spirit in which to begin a new year and new goals.
Happy New Year!
Well I will miss the regular posting, but I think you are perfectly justified. It is hard when there are so many good choices out there, it is important to pick the best things for your time. Great goals too. I am afraid to post mine publicly, then they will be there for everyone to see this time next year.
Miss ya on the blogfront Hope. Glad to hear things are well though. Happy 2008!
Love the post. We should get together and walk sometime....
BTW, what is your website???
Good luck with your resolutions! I personally, do not make any. Then, there is no disappointment or frustration. I just try to do the best I can with my time and energy and what doesn't get finished, well, there's always tomorrow! Good to SEE a new post. Happy New Year, Dawn
HA! I don't mind washing, drying and folding the laundry...it's putting it away that I loathe! Is that weird? Now that I'm not working so much, though, I'm sort of enjoying the half-house-wifey-ness of it all.
However, I didn't make any "resolutions" per say, this year. I'm constantly setting reachable goals for myself, then becoming lazy. So, I guess you'd say I'm resolving to be more resolving.
Love ya!
Dana
Good to know such crafty people as you are in the laundry-phobia club as I am! Thanks for the boost of confidence!
Liz
No worries, I will share some wheaty wisdom here and there. And thanks!
Em
Oh, I will be around, just not as frequently. I will miss the blog comment discussions though!
Lisa
You should come to the gym with me! It is an awesome gym, and they are having a great New Year deal for signing up now. I already love it! But, I would love to go walking with you some time as well!! My website no longer exists, but it was www.milkbeads.com. I still make jewelry if you are ever interested though! I do a craft swap with a friend in Houston. She makes me beautiful handmade cards, and I give her a set of jewelry each month. It works out great!
Dawn
I am a list person. I have to have a list to help me get things done. That is just me. Plus, I have learned in the passed to make attainable goals. This way, as I accomplish them, it makes me feel even better. No more, "Read one chapter a night" goals!!
Hilary
How about you come over on laundry days, do all my laundry, then I will put it away?! Then I can come over to yours and put all yours away for you!! You think our hubbies will pay for the airline tickets each week?!?! Love ya, back!!
Good luck!!! I haven't even made goals yet. I'm right there with you on the laundry.
Post a Comment