Thursday, December 06, 2007

Thankful Thursday

Uck... That is how I am feeling right now. But, I haven't posted a Thankful Thursday for quite some time, and this morning I have every reason to be grateful.

Today, as of 6:58am, my little girl is 6 years old. At 6:58, while in the car at the bus stop, I sang Happy Birthday in English and then in Spanish to her. Tonight we will have a simple celebration with Kraut Dogs (my kids love Kraut!!!) for dinner and Ice Cream for dessert. For tomorrow I have been planning a Princess Slumber Party. I was going to bake a castle cake and everything!! This morning, Uck!!! I feel horrible. I have been trying to fight off the illness that has swept throughout the rest of my family for almost two weeks, but it finally got the best of me. I was convinced I was going to just go and buy a cake at the grocery store. That is, until I spoke with a wonderful friend this morning. Her daughter is coming to the party, and I was actually calling her this morning to let her know I can't have Preschool at my house today. While on the phone she told me she would make the cake I promised Ranoah. I almost cried, which has been happening a lot lately.

So, today, on this Thankful Thursday, I am thankful for friends who are close by who are here to lend me a shoulder to cry on during this month of Joy and absence. Absence of so many loved family members who are unable to come visit. I hold no grudges to them. I know how hard it can be to come out and visit us since we live so far from them. That doesn't take away from the ache I feel in my heart all month long though. So, I tip my hats to all my friends who have been here for me when I just all of the sudden burst out into tears. Thank you. And to my family who live all over... I love you all!!! Thanks for all your warm thoughts!!!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great friend you have! Have fun at the party!

Happy Birthday Ranoah!!

kg said...

Thanks for thankful thoughts....

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Ranoah! I'm sure everything will turn out wonderfully.

P.s. What is up with CRYING lately?! It is STRESS city at our house, I understand.

Sarah said...

Good luck with all the other stuff you need to get done. I know there are always tons of thing that come with getting a party done. I am so glad you have awesome friends too. They are huge blessings.

Kendra@My Insanity said...

You'll have to post pictures of the castle cake. I think they turn out best when they are a service. I made one for a friend's daughter's birthday once, that was really cute--the girl talked about it for months. The next year I tried to replicate it for my daughter's birthay and it was an architectural mess (can we say "leaning tower of pisa"?

At any rate, I hope you are feeling better and that Ranoah has a great birthday!

***LIZ*** said...

Happy Birthday Ranoah! What a great friend! It is such a blessing to have those friends and to be one of those friends.

Laura said...

I'm now feeling bummed that itsn't possible to HUG through blogs! Thank you for your thoughts on mine! I do hope you feel lots of joy throughout December! Thanks for having a moment with me! :) Big hugs to you! Those friends you are thankful for are LUCKY to have YOU!
Hope sweet Ranoah had a fantastic birthday! I LOVE December birthdays!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated b-day to Ranoah! Chad is looking forward to Friday! If you need anything just let me know!

Thank you for all the thankfulness...keeps me thinking of the things I am grateful for and should be more grateful for! :)

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates