Saturday, December 15, 2007

Phew!!!!

What a week!!! What a month!!! I don't know how some of you make it through some things. A local friend and Blogger told me, "It's all perspective". Should I start at the beginning?? Are you up to it? I actually took some pictures, too.
Let's see... Last week I was sick and had Ranoah's birthday party, which turned out wonderful! She and her friends had a great time playing Princess games and eating a Castle Cake and sleeping over and everything! It was fun... exhausting, but fun.

Our Birthday Cake that our friend made (see previous Thankful Thursday Post). Thanks so much, it was wonderful!!!

Our Dress up Relay Race was a big hit!! The girls really got into it... literally!!!

Have you ever kissed Prince Charming... blindfolded?? Each of the girls got their turn at putting some Lipstick on, being spun around & then kiss Prince Charming. A couple of the girls even got him smack dab on the lips... Uh-oh!!

Our craft was also the goodie bag which the girls got to take home their prizes home in. Castle Bags... what a great time?!?!
Ranoah was spoiled by all her wonderful friends' gifts at the party! She got a lot of fun things, and was thankful to each of her friends!!!

So, after the party, on that Saturday, we decided to go to our church's community Christmas Festival. Live Nativity, homemade Gingerbread cookies & some of the most beautiful music you will ever hear this time of year!! It was loads of fun and a wonderful change of pace.

Since Thursday the Shuttle didn't launch due to sensor failures in Shawn's Main Propulsion department, as well as the next attempt on Sunday, Monday they were flying him out on the NASA jet to Florida with a team to try to solve this 'ancient' problem. So, I was a single mom on Monday. Things actually went well. I got a lot done, the kids and I were happy. For FHE that night I read from Luke 2, the Christmas story, while the kids each drew their own picture of the Nativity. After which we all enjoyed some homemade Whole Wheat Chocolate cake! Yummy!!! The kids went to bed without a fuss and we were on to another day...

Tuesday, the kids woke up telling me their tummies hurt. They had no fever and no other tummy symptoms, so I sent them off to school. I was home from the bus stop for less than an hour when I got a call from the nurse, informing me that Zach had thrown up. Yeah. I decided to call Ranoah's teacher to see how she was doing. She informed me that Ranoah was playing and happy. So, I got Skylah dressed, hopped in the car and proceeded to pick up Zach from the school. (During which time we made a little detour to the bathroom at the school to finish relieving his stomach. We made it home without any further "relief".) I dropped Skylah off at some friends and brought Zach home and tucked him in bed with a cup of Sprite on his night table, a pile of crackers and a good dose of Charcoal for his tummy.

Less than 20 minutes after arriving home, I got another call. This was the Assistant Principal informing me that Ranoah had had a seizure and passed out and the EMT was on it's way to the school. So, by this time tears are running down my cheeks. I call for some assistance from church friends, call Shawn on his cell (no answer) and leave a message telling him what I know, and go to the school to see what is up...

Long story short (if that is possible already)... Ranoah is fine. She had the stomach bug also. We had a couple trips to the hospital to get some tests done... an EKG and EEG. Here is a picture I snuck in at the hospital with all the wires connected to her head.


We will find out the results next week some time. And hopefully figure out why she has seizures on rare occasions (no, this isn't the first time).

So many of our friends here have been bringing us dinner and doing so much for us. One of the local bloggers here was watching Zach while I went to the school for Ranoah and she cleaned my kitchen, family room & play room!! I was amazed... Thanks, J!!!!

Shawn had flown back on Tuesday night because of the trauma that day. Thursday Zach was back at school and after the hospital tests I took Ranoah to school since she was feeling fine. When I got home I took Skylah to go shopping for some things, when what happens?? I get a call on my cell on my way to Hobby Lobby. Ranoah was back in the Nurse's office.

This has been a long week. But, I couldn't deprive Zach of his Birthday Party!! So, Friday, with both kids successfully in school the whole day, I made this cake...


At 4:30 birthday guests arrived and we played some fun games!!!

This one is Web Tangle... They start off sitting in a circle and hold hands, then they have to untangle themselves without letting go. It was fun!

The Villain Wrap was also a big hit!! They had great fun wrapping each other in TP and racing to get it done.
Zach was also spoiled by his friends and got some cool gifts which they played with all night. (And I am serious when I say all night.... YAWNNNN.....)

While I was hosting the party (to top this week off) Shawn was replacing our water heater with a new one that works well. And he took our spark-throwing, growling vacuum cleaner apart and discovered we need a new vacuum, too.

This week has been... eventful... thoughtful.... and I can't wait til it is done!!!!!!!

I hope yours was well, and hopefully this will help explain my absence this past length of time. See you all again soon... and take care!!!

8 comments:

Arid-zona Mom said...

You weeks makes me tired just reading about it! It's exactly how I feel only my week hasn't been anything like yours. Hopefully they can find out more about Ranoah's seizures, I'm glad to hear she's feeling better.

Anonymous said...

How awful! Seizures are so scary. I hope you are all well now and next week is an easy uneventful one.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Hope...what a week you've had! We're all just glad that Ranoah's ok.
I LOVE that spiderman cake. I might have to steal that one sometime. :) Here's to hoping that you have a very UNeventful week this week!

Emily said...

YIKES HOPE! So sorry you had such a hectic week, I was thinking about you yesterday in fact... glad you have so many great friends there to help you out. SO GLAD to hear that Ranoah is doing better, Seizures scare the living daylights out of me. My kids have never had them, but when I was babysitting once, I witnessed one and it was so scary. TAKE A BREAK this week!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you were able to get a lot done for Zack's party! Chad loved it...sorry he was late. That's a whole other story :) Your cakes look great and I am glad that your hubby was able to come home early. Hope this week is better and brighter for you and your family! :)

kg said...

Wow, what a week! I hope this upcoming one brings some less eventful things....what an amazing job on the birthday parties, love the spider cake too! Glad everyone is fine and healthy!

Lisa said...

You have been busy! Both parties look like they were a hit! You are a super mom. So glad that everything is getting back to normal and everyone is feeling better. Please use me if you need anything at all.

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Thanks everyone!! I will update you on her test results and such. I am sure this week will be much better!

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates