We Are Family
Dana asked what kind of dogs we have because she saw one of ours in the background of a picture on the last post. So, I thought I would answer with a post and some better pics...
Jake and Emma are brother and sister. We first met them last October through the local Pet Rescue. Their caretakers, Sara and Bjorn were as sweet as could be. They found them together at 6 months of age, and had been caring for them for 6 months since. They thought they were part Keeshond, but we later disproved that via our next door neighbor who has bred her Keeshond on many occasions. We are of the assumption now that they are part Pyrenees, part Lab and maybe a little Keeshond (the curved tales and pointed ears, which are floppy). Whatever the blend, they are fun dogs. Quick to run away to explore the surrounding neighborhoods, but even quicker to love and be loved. I give you Jake & Emma...
Mister Jake. Looks like a German Shepard... acts like a cuddly Teddy Bear.
Miss Emma... we are always trying to determine who is Alpha in our house. She nudges her way in front of me, but I always get the upper hand... especially when I discover she is sleeping on my couch!!!
One of our first photos of Emma running! She loves to run. She is not as strong as Jake, which is obvious when they wrestle. But she is faster than any dog I have ever seen. I love this photo because she is completely in the air!!






6 comments:
How fun! My girls cannot wait until they can get some dogs of their own.
They're beautiful and sweet dogs! MY kids, Bria and Heath, loved them when they got to meet them! :) I am sure Misha would love a good play date! They could wear him OUT!!!
By the way, we decided not to do any more lessons for Mish because he is doing a lot better. I think he was trying us for awhile there because we had an extra person in the house (kinda like kids when there is a new baby). He's GREAT now! :)
Dear Hope-- can I get your address for Christmas card purposes?! I know I have it around here somewhere, but--well you know the holidays...
emnjloria@juno.com
Thanks!
Shalyce.. I highly recommend the local adoption agency. They are garunteed up to date with shots and "fixed". I also did some research online through the AKA to find out which types of dogs are good with kids. Some dogs are known to start off great with kids and such, but then they can snap. Scary.
I agree, Sharon, we should indeed get them together for a playdate. Maybe next time you come VTing you can bring him. I am sure Jake and Emma would love it!!
I will, Em!
Beautiful dogs!
And let's add Sasha into the playdate...she needs some wearing out too.
Dogs are the best! I love having them for myself and I think they help the kids to learn compassion for another living thing. We rescued both of ours and I would be willing to bet they would win a race with most any other dogs - one is a greyhound and one is a Whippet, a smaller greyhound. But your dogs are adorable and look like they would be wonderful to give hugs to!
Post a Comment