525,600 Minutes
There are moments in our lives which we hold so dear. Moments which take a place in our hearts as memories full of love, joy and peace. I am grateful that over the past several weeks I have been blessed with so many moments such as these, where I have taken more time to spend sitting with my daughter on the couch, more time to sit with my daughter as she reads some of her first books, more time to snuggle with my baby, who will soon be old enough to be held accountable for his own decisions, and more time to spend with close friends and family.
3,800 minutes washing/loading/unloading dishes each year...
2,500 minutes hanging and adoring pictures my children make for me, each year.
120 minutes each year decorating for the most joyful holiday of the year (33,600 minutes spent loving the feeling it creates and the excitement and meaning of the holiday).
3,120 minutes practicing one of my favorite instruments each year.... not nearly enough to become better at it, but probably enough to enjoy it!
3,650 minutes spent each year hoping that one day I can play this piece of music... one of the most beautiful pieces of music that keeps me feeling the way I do about my sweet hubby!

NOT NEARLY ENOUGH TIME on this contraption, but I am getting better!!

3,600 minutes reading from these each year. (Next year's goal... 7,500 minutes) For now, my goal is to finish reading before Z's 8th birthday. Nearly there!!

525,600 minutes each year thinking about how incredibly blessed I am to have grandparents and great-grandparents for my kiddos.

525,600 minutes I spend each year loving and feeling so tremendously grateful for this awesome blessing God has given me.






9 comments:
I love this post, Hope! It is beautiful! And it kept the song from Rent going through my head the entire time. :)
I also love your word picture frames...and your stocking hanger...and...
Thanks, D! I also have a Love frame that matches, but it is on the other end of the wall. That is our Temple wall. We have a picture of every temple we have been in on it. I hope it will grow quite a bit!! I believe I am still missing one or two. The stocking hanger was made at a Super Saturday in Houston. I have especially loved it since buying a home without a mantle. And, I still have that song in my head... I have been singing it all morning!
Love the family pictures! You remind me of the confrence talk, mother's who know, you are a mother who knows what is important, Good job!
Oh how I love this post! Fantastic, Hope!!!
Great post! Love the stats on the time :) Thanksgiving is the holiday that gets the least attention, but has the greatest message of gratitude! :)
Aw... Thanks, Liz!
And Jen!
I totally agree, Sharon. I had fun calculating the stats! ;)
Sounds like you are doing great. Very impressive! I'm afraid my minutes would include WAY to many on the computer.
Cute Hope, I love your Thankful post!
WoW! great post!
Post a Comment