Monday, November 19, 2007

Wuzz-up with you?

Okay, so I already used the "Hope is Alive" text for my last title where I had been absent for a while. So this is the only one I could think of. Maybe I should just have a Hope is Alive segment to go along with my WWW and TT posts. At least I could be consistent with that!
Anyways, things have been busy. I have preschool at my house each Tuesday and Thursday, which is fun, but exhausting. This year I have decided to try and make a lot of the gifts we are giving for Christmas, and so that has also kept my hands tied. There are 2 birthdays (Zach and Ranoah) coming up within a few weeks, not to mention the awesome and fun occasion for one of those to be a baptism as well. My wedding anniversary, Grandpa's birthday, oh, yes, and CHRISTMAS!! All are so fun and wonderful, but they get my mind boggled. So, I am just letting you know that my blogging will be indefinitely on hold for a while, with a few here and there. Priorities, right? I think the two mornings of waking up with vertigo last week were enough to tell me I need to back off a bit.

Anyhoo, I thought I would post some pics (yes, despite all the "chaos" I have been feeling, I am still taking pics whenever I remember) and captions for Y'all!!

Here we go to the Galaxy of Lights with some friends of ours. Since we are members of the Botanical Gardens here, we got to walk through the Christmas Light display they do for the community before it opened up to the public for drive-thru.
It was a chilly night, but we had a great time with friends, cookies & cocoa!!
Welcome to the Galaxy of Lights!!! (So this was the only picture I took that looked halfway decent. Sorry, I don't have any of the fancy cameras! I thought my camera on the Fireworks setting would do well, but quite the contrary. So I tried this one on regular and it was the best of them all.)

Skylah was brave enough to get her face painted for this event.

Here she is after. Part of her flower rubbed off onto her coordinating coat when she turned her head to see her flower.

And here is Zach after his reindeer was painted on.

All three of my kiddos braved the somewhat frightful experience of sitting on that strange, big, goofy-looking man's lap... Santa Clause. I didn't hear what they told him, however they told us later that night. Needless to say, I think Santa will be able to get them what is at the top of their lists this year!
After we came home that evening we were pretty tired. However, the next night, after we came home from Grandma's house for dinner, we decided a little game of Kerplunk would be a great way to top off the evening!

And now, Wednesday of this past week we had a wonderful rainstorm. Along with it, however was some grand thunder and lightening...
Followed closely with a power outage. I lit all the candles in the living room and Kitchen and tucked the kids in (all while Shawn was at church... needless to say I was a little freaked out at first), did the dishes, yes I did the dishes in the dark. But, then my evening came to a nice close when I was able to do something I had never done before... I read in my scriptures next to the candlelight. It was a somewhat more reverent feeling than I had ever felt before. It was nice.

So, that is "Wuzz-up" with me lately. Sorry for the gaps between posts. And, I have been looking at other's blogs, however it is not allowing me to leave comments on any one's. Weird.

Have a good week!!!

6 comments:

danakat said...

I'm glad all is well with you and yours. I was wondering what was going on with you guys. Looks like all good things! I completely understand about the busyness of the season. You're right...all good stuff, just a lot of it!

We walked throught the lights one year and we loved it soooooo much better than driving. It kind of spoiled us, but we still love it no matter how we're getting through!

Emily said...

I miss you Hope, your little comments brighten my day! Just not the same 'round here without ya. ;)

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to the Botanical Gardens in FOREVER! I guess we need to make a night trip sometime!

hope said...

Dana~ It is quite a spoiled thing when you get to walk through and participate in the festivities before everyone else gets to just drive through it. We loved it!

Emily~ Thanks!

Sharon~ We have enjoyed having our membership this year. If we renew, I am hoping I will take even more advantage of it through the next year.

***LIZ*** said...

Hope, I feel your pain, when the holidays come around it feels like we are off doing everything. I am glad you are doing well though and it looks like having lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

Hey Hope, I stumbled on your blog while blog hopping. I was excited to see it. Your kids are getting so big, and they are really cute! Where are you now? I have a blog also, but it is private because I have internet predator paranoia, but if you are interested shoot me an email jsaac4@yahoo.com and I'll send you an invite.

Shalyce (Fish) Cluff

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates