Thankful Thursday
I am so glad I have challenged myself to this wonderful weekly reminder of how grateful I am. This morning I am actually struggling with something specifically to talk about. It isn't that I am ungrateful, it is just that I have pondered and can't think of something so small and concrete to say. SO, I will will just tell you all how grateful I am for EVERYTHING in my life.
I have been blessed with two wonderful parents who struggled and worked so hard to bless me, and my 6 siblings, with all that we needed. Food, clothing, transportation, and multiple homes were always there for us. We may have moved a lot growing up, but we always had a bed to sleep in, a roof over our head and a place to call home, thanks to my mom's magic touch. Whether it was a grand 7-bedroom house with 3 bathrooms, a swimming pool and a large backyard, or living in my Aunt's living room with myself, my mom, dad and youngest sister, all sleeping in chairs, on the couch, or on the floor. We had a home.
I think it is because of my experiences growing up that I have had that have helped me to realize what is important. It is not having the nicest car, or the newest house, or the designer clothes. My family which is close to my heart, my warm and comfortable home, my Thrift store or homemade clothes on my back... it is all things simple and useful that are important right now, because they allow me to focus on that which is most important.... my family, and learning and teaching all the things we will be able to take with us when we leave this world. I am grateful for that knowledge and understanding which has been granted to me. I only pray I can absorb as much knowledge and wisdom that is out there for me to take in, before my time to depart this life comes and goes.






7 comments:
Thank you for reminding how blessed we are with the things that matter in life.
You are such a beautiful and sincere person, it has been a joy getting to know you, even through a blog.
Cute Hope, our posts today mirror each other, even though mine is WAY more basic and simple than yours.
It's through the hard times that I am grateful the most, that's why sometimes I am thankful for the hard times. Is that weird?
Well written.
Can you wait for tomorrow??
This helps me to be more grateful and I am glad that I have gone through all the things that I have to help me realize it's all about family!
Dana- Thanks for your kind words. I wish I would step up and reach out to get to know everyone here more, besides through blogging. I can tell you would be an awesome person to hang out with and our kids might actually get along!
Emily- my thoughts exactly, again! I think it is neat when one can learn important lessons from life's challenges. I believe that is why many of us are challenged. No, I can't wait for tomorrow!!
Sharon- I am sure if you and I sat down to talk about all the "interesting" times our families have had, we would have quite the novel between us! The biggest reason I am grateful for all of those lessons, is because Shawn saw a glimpse of higher understanding of life in me when he met me, a 17-year-old high school grad, fresh out of high school. If it hadn't have been for those challenges, I may not have the blessed life I lead now.
I got my package with fun pink things! Thank you so much. The necklace is beautiful.
Amen! I agree, it is easy to get turned around about what matters most, but I am most greatful for family, and good friends too.
Thanks Hope for another great Thursday post. Family really is what it is all about.
Thanks for the super cute gift. I love it.
Post a Comment