While the Hubby's Away...
The Wife must... WORK????
Okay, so I did everything but my typical housework while Shawn was away to California last week. dishes barely got touched, Laundry suffered the most, and I think the kids ate dinner every night.
I try to keep busy whenever Shawn is away. He was gone for a week, so I decided to redecorate our bedroom and the girls' bathroom. ("Redecorate" means to make it look like it belongs to us now instead of the previous owners of almost 2 years ago!)
BEFORE...
Bright Peach-Orange Walls...
Stained Shower curtain with BRONZE liner and rod...
Wood Fixtures (Some broken)....
Corroded handles on the cabinets....

Old, brass knobs that have been painted one too many times.....

Ooooooo!
Ahhhhhhh!
Ohhhhhhhhh!

Niiiiiiice!
Bedroom.... So, I forgot to take pics before I started taking furniture out and lamps down, etc. But, the bedding, walls, etc. were very much as they are seen below. Brace yourselves!
Before....

So, we love the water bed, but I hate not having coordinating bed covers. I had to do something!! I am still in process of sewing throw pillows and some Feng Shuai curtains for the Entertainment Center, but you get the idea!

Sky blue trim, Baby blue walls, and burgundy wallpaper border are not me... sorry.
After!!!!


It was hard work, but the end results have been pleasant to see!! Not quite finished, but HAD to blog something!!!








12 comments:
Everything looks fantastic!! I am so impressed you finished (basically) two rooms...no wonder you didn't blog for a while. I wondered. Remind me to tell you about the redos I've done while Steve's been away. Like the pumpkin kitchen...
WOW! I love it! All of it! It's so much fun to get things like that done....I, too, like to save "projects" like these to do while my hubby is out of town. I think you might just have inspired me to get working in MY bedroom!
amazing, everything looks awesome. I never take on projects like that. I feel to overwhelmed but you did a great job.
Did your hubby love it? I am just like you. I love to have a big project to keep me occupied when I am alone. You did a wonderful job!
WOw!! You are one hard worker! I can bearly keep up with the usual suspects, i.e. laundry, feeding the natives(husband, boy, & dogs), dishes, watering things that will die with out water... & more! GOOD JOB!
Wow, you've been busy. Everything looks so good and fresh and clean! Love it!
wow! I am impressed! And I am sooo up fpr a game night! I haven't heard of the games that you had mentioned, but am willing to learn :)
It looks great!! You did an awesome job. I like spur of the moment project too. I could use some more spur of the moment deep cleaning at my house.
Thanks, Ladies!! I really have enjoyed it. I have blisters, but I enjoyed it!! I am so happy at how it turned out. Although, we are affraid now to let the kids on the comforter. LOL I love the color... the pictures show it a little more purple than it is, although it is a violet-burgundy. And the light still comes in the windows so pleasantly, the room doesn't look dark until the sun goes down!!
I fear that I am running out of walls... what then?? Floors??? Yikes!
you did great!
I'm super impressed what you can do when its just you & the kids!
Great Job Hope, can't wait to see it on Friday!
Great work, Hope! I love dark dramatic color (esp. in the bedroom). That looks like a lot of work. Makes me tired in my current condition.
Post a Comment