Sunday, September 09, 2007

How to keep 'em in their beds at night...

Tonight we had an interesting, yet reoccurring problem from other nights occur. What is the most common thing to happen after you tuck your kids in at night?... Ah, yes, they fall asleep. Right?? WRONG!! Instead, they wander out of their rooms. First, for a drink of water, then to remind you that you forgot to tell them something, and finally to tell you that they don't feel good. That is how it usually happens at our house anyways.

Well, tonight we decided to try something different. Yes, we realize our kids may be permanently traumatized through this event, but it worked for tonight!!
As we looked over and saw this...
Shawn leaned over and whispered, "Watch this.... Follow my lead."

"Hey, Honey? I think I need to spank a bottom tonight."

"Oh, really? And why would that be?"

"Probably because I haven't spanked any bottoms lately."

"And why would you need to spank a bottom tonight?"

"Well, let's just say that the first person to come out of her bedroom tonight is going to get her bottom spanked."

"Yeah, I think that would be a good idea. Do you know anyone who is coming out right now?"

(At this time, we noticed she was no longer coming out, but we decided to up the ante...)

"I don't know... but let's just change it to whoever opens their door tonight. That sounds like an even better idea."

"Yeah, I am going to have to agree. I think a spanked bottom is just what that person will need. Don't you?"


"Yes, if I see any doors opening tonight, I think I will be spanking a bottom or two."

The result??


A Closed Door!

9 comments:

Emily said...

HILARIOUS. I do this sometimes. Kids are so funny.

danakat said...

That is hysterical. You'll have to remember to ask them when they're older what they were thinking when they overheard this "conversation".
By the way...I love the fun colors in your house! It makes me happy to see people who aren't afraid to use some serious color in their homes!

Lisa said...

ThatIsSoFunny!!!

Heather said...

That was great, we threaten our children all the time and they never get out of bed. I have Anthony to thank for that. Once in bed that is it until morning. Ahhh! and sleep for mom.

***LIZ*** said...

I am so glad Michael is still in a crib. I am also glad I have you Moms who are a few years ahead to glean all this info from... thanks!

Shanda said...

Very cute Hope!

OK I have some questions for you if you don't mind. I am trying out cloth diapers...thanks to Lorrin...and I would love some of your insight especially on making them. I think I am going to employ my mothers skills and make some diapers. So if you wouldn't mind drop me an email and I can ask you all of my questions!

shandah@gmail.com

THANKS!!!

Sarah said...

Too funny!!

Anonymous said...

If only my kids would feel scared when I threatened :) Funny read :)

rjbmacfamily said...

too funny!

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates