'He Knew' Thursday
My friend, Emily, has Fresh Fridays, where she spotlights one of her friends/family members. It is an awesome thing to read each week. My sister, Hilary, posted recently on her blog about how she and her husband (two young married people who are hoping to get out of the tight-budgeted college student stage of life and move on soon to the career stage in life soon) have been abundantly tried and blessed during the passed month. So, in honor of both, and my wonderful experience just moments ago, I will be posting every Thursday about something that my Heavenly Father knew I needed and blessed me with that week. Starting tonight...
So, tonight I wasn't bombarded with any life-burdening, dramatic catastrophe. However, I was tormented with the repeated question, "What do I make for dinner tonight?". Only tonight I was looking in a bare pantry (minus some not-so-appealing options from food storage items that I just wasn't in the mood to make tonight, but was making ready to do so), because I have needed to do my monthly grocery shopping for almost a week. As I pondered whether to make Peanut Butter and Jam sandwiches or Textured Vegetable Protein (taco flavored) pinwheels, my doorbell rang. Our sweet neighbor came to the door bearing a bag full of chef salads and another bag full of fresh bagels! (She works for a pizza place a few days a week and can't stand to see food go to waist, so she brings home the fresh salads that didn't sell from the lunch rush. Today she caught the bakery next door about to throw out the fresh bagels they baked this morning that didn't sell. Nothing wrong with any of the food, except that tomorrow when they get ready to open their doors, they are required to have FRESH food out to sell again.) So, guess what's for dinner tonight?!?!

I hope in weeks to come I can be more thoughtful in my 'He Knew' Thursday posts. But, for tonight, this is what I am using to kick it off. Count your blessings.






8 comments:
oh how I wish that would happen to me! lucky!....
So since you didn't have to worry with dinner, you had plenty of time to bake all that bread...right?
Hope, Aren't you just amazed at all the tender mercies that come into our lives? I love these occasions when you can truely feel His love for us in a personal way.
Hope, I love tender mercies. Those bagels look mighty lovely I must say!
When our eyes are open to Heavenly Father's blessings...it makes life more pleasant and bearable knowing that He is aware of us and blesses us even with the tiniest things! That looks soooo nummy! O love a good bagel (with tons of cream cheese)!
Yum! Lucky you!
Manna from Heaven!!! Looks tasty.
I tagged you! Go to my blog to see...
Post a Comment