Potty Training... Day 3
That is right, Day 3. Officially we started on Monday, when Skylah had stayed dry for 2 hours and was starting to do the Potty Dance! I was going to wait until today to start, but I figured, what the hey.
So, we did a little on Monday. More so yesterday (Tuesday). Yesterday was Potty Training Day from H@#*#@. Although the ladder part of the day went smoother than the morning. Today... I feel so grateful for my daughter right now. She stayed dry and used the potty countless times today. We had a little OOOPSIE BM on the floor, but fortunately for us it wasn't a big issue (or mess). I put her in a cloth diaper for tonight, which I don't think she liked, but she didn't put up a fuss about. She just commented, "I want my underwear". So, I will be sending hubby out for Pull-Ups ("Bedtime Underwear" is what they are kindly referred to in our house.) tonight or tomorrow for her. My girls have the unfortunate diagnosis of Small Bladder. Ranoah just got over it. If Skylah still has the problem in another year we will go through the same 'Wake-up' process we had to use with Ranoah on Skylah. But for now, I am just being hopeful that I can take her to church on Sunday without diapers!!
Thank You, Skylah!! You did Mommy proud today!! I think we will go shopping for some pretty underwear this weekend!!
(Oh, and for those who haven't re-checked the comment posting for the last post, check it for my last response.)






8 comments:
congrats to Skylah!
I will be glad when we are done buying diapers! You must be a patient mom...you sound like you have handled it great! I get too frustrated and have a hard time being cheerful during this trying time:) It was bad enough having to potty train my dog and now I have another toddler to train(except now it's in the potty)!
I am so glad you both had a good potty day! I hope there are many many many more to come!
And there's no need to mail my bread...I live close by. :)
Hope, so happy for you, hope it sticks and there are no more diaper issues. ;)
Good luck with PT, luckily that was something Grant did well....we stayed home for a week straight and just got it done with.
Your bread looks delicious and I have been wanting to see the third Work and the Glory too!
Keep up the good work Skylah! It sounds like you are going in the right direction. Good Luck!
Just think...if you are really done having kids then this will be your last time to potty train. I think my mom was really glad when potty training, teething, and learning to drive were over with all her kids. You could even have a potty party. ;)
Thanks all!! Today has been going pretty well, although we just had our first wet puddle on the floor... fortunately it was the vinal floor. But she had a great morning and lunch time with friends over when she didn't have a single accident.
Dana, I will probably be bringing you some bread at church. ;)
Good luck, Sharon! Isn't it the pits?
I am hoping next week we can smooth out the creases and be done. She seems to be doing pretty well with it.
I will be having a Potty Party for myself when this is done!! I think I will buy Skylah and me our own containers of Ben & Jerry's!! Yumm & Yeah!!!
Maybe I will stop by for a little bit on Friday. Jeff had surgery today so I don't want to leave him alone for too long...but I will probably need a break. I'll call you...
Post a Comment