Sunday, September 02, 2007

Happy Birthday to.... Me!

Sorry for not posting until today. I have no pics either... maybe tomorrow. On Thursday we celebrated my 27th birthday. My sweet husband was so worried about spoiling the surprise that he didn't even say, "Happy Birthday" to me until we were out of the house. My father-in-law & Wendy called to wish me a Happy Birthday (first ones to do that!!! Thanks you two!!), followed by my sister, mother & big brother. My mom and dad called later that night (cause I was the one who called my mom earlier that day to talk to her) to sing Cumpleanos Feliz to me (Thanks, Mom & Dad!!). But not before Shawn surprised me by taking me out to dinner.

Honestly, he could have told me before I made some great tasting Spaghetti & Meatballs for dinner, but I was still completely shocked and happy at the surprise! His mom showed up around 5:20. Which I thought was weird because she normally goes home and rests after work. However, she was there, and I thought nothing of it because I figured they had arranged for Shawn to help her with something, which also frequently happens. It wasn't until I noticed that Shawn had only set 4 places at the table, and Ranoah asked, "Mom, where are you and Daddy going to eat??", that I realized something was up. Guess I was just caught up in another school day!

Anyways, we ate dinner at the Main Street Cafe. An old Train Station/Jailhouse in Historic Downtown Madison. FYI... Madison use to be ONLY a Train Station. Quite a growth if you ask me. Now the population nears 40,000. Anyhoo, we went bowling after that. It was a nice, relaxing evening that I couldn't have asked for anything more! And, for those of you who are wondering what I got to unwrap... remember THIS ? I still treasure my early birthday present! I also went out and replaced my Mother's Day plant, which was singed during the grease fire and died, with a beautiful Potho!

So, my birthday was peaceful, usual, enjoyable & surprising, all in one. Thanks, mi familia!!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Happy 27 th Hope! YIKES, I guess I didn't realize I am almost a whole year older than you! Hope your day was special, sounds like it was!

danakat said...

Happy Birthday, Hope!
If you include Friday night's dinner, you got two nights out...not too shabby. :)

***LIZ*** said...

Hope, glad your birthday was happy! It doesn't matter what you do, it is the end result, and this sounds like it was a good one.

Heather said...

Yea for Hope, I am so glad you had a wonderful birthday. I just recently found out that Anthony will be on a two week buisness trip in New York and my mom will be in Arkansas visiting my brother when it is my birthday. Frankly with me being on bed rest I am not quite sure how the next two weeks are going to work out but I will figure something out. Glad you had a great day.

kg said...

Happy birthday! I chose to go to the Main Street Cafe on my b-day this year...what did you order? It's so good! Sounds like you had a great day!

Kim

hope said...

Thanks ladies! I did have an enjoyable time!!

Kim, I am not a huge steak eater, but when I have the hinkering for one, I like to enjoy it. So, I ordered teh Ribeye! I loved it. No steak sauce needed. I enjoyed the fresh steamed veges and rice pilaf and a ceasar salad with it, too. Shawn got the blackened salmon with garlic potatoes, steamed veges and ceasar salad. For dessert we both shared the blackberry coblar. It was a nice evening.

Thanks everyone!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Hope! (Better late than never...)

Sarah said...

Happy Happy late Birthday! I hope it was wonderful.

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates