Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Let me Count the Ways

After that last post, I have been feeling a little guilty about it. It was so funny. And, very true. However, my husband is a good man, despite the times when he might pretend not to be. So, I thought I would attempt to make a 100 reasons I love my husband list. I know this probably belongs on my other blog, but I felt this was a better place for it...

1~ He has supported me in my ever changing decisions to be more than a mom. I have been in Pampered Chef, started my own jewelry making business & am now busy blogging, writing, organizing & trying to play my violin.
2~ He bought me a violin so I could start playing again.
3~ He encouraged me when I was asked to be the choir director.
4~ He pushes me to sing.
5~ He is incredibly strong in his spiritual beliefs.
6~ He is a good home teacher.
7~ He hates it when he misses a month of home teaching.
8~ He took care of my best friend's house when Hurricane Rita came, after he took care of ours and before he took care of his mom's.
9~ He was afraid for me and our son when I was getting ready to give birth to him. He held my hand, and waited until my mom was in the room to leave for a brief moment to let his fear out on my sister's shoulder. Then he came back in as a strong man, ready to support his wife again.
10~ He is a good father. Even though we were unsure whether or not we should start having kids when we did, he has always had the same smile on his face, since he heard the heartbeat for the first time.
11~ He finished college in a shorter amount of time, working incredibly hard and exhausting himself, so he could graduate and become a soldier and get his career going.
12~ He tries to be a good citizen, since he can no longer be a soldier.
13~ Despite his bad back, he always changes diapers and helps with the dishes when he notices I need some help.
14~ He is extraordinarily thoughtful when he shops for a gift for me. It doesn't matter if it is a little pricey or off the $5 shelf... he picks a gift based on what he thinks I will love. And I still give him a hard time about it.
15~ He is honest. Shawn doesn't hold anything back, except when he knows it will aggravate me too much. Then he will try to think of a nice way to say it.
16~ He works hard. Shawn has moved up in his career, not from being thrifty or smooth talking.... but by putting forth the work it takes to be good at what he does.
17~ He is conservative. It may be annoying sometimes, but he thinks with his wallet a lot. When all is said and done, though, he is always thinking about our children 20 years from now, and us at age 65, 75, 85 and so on.
18~ He enjoys my cooking. I will try to be honest here and say that about 75% of my cooking is pretty good. But, the other 25%, he has put up with. And usually without complaining. I saw him finish a plate one time, when I couldn't even stand to look at it, and didn't say a word. I didn't make that dish again.
19~ He is handsome.
20~ He is smart.
21~ He has wonderful, deep greenish-blue eyes. I feel like I will fall in sometimes when I look in his eyes.
22~ He was my first kiss.
23~ Even though he wanted his first kiss from me sooner, he was patient and waited.
24~ He asked my parents if he could marry me.
25~ He asked my best friend to help him find a ring for me.
26~ He loves his kids. ( I know I already said he is a good father, but this is different.) He is a strict dad, but when it comes to having fun with his kids, he is just another kid at heart.
27~ He is 30 years old, and getting younger!
28~ He has a passion for what he does.
29~ He gardens!!
30~ His hair is easy to cut.
31~ He has blessed me with beautiful children.
32~ He is understanding.
33~ He is punctual. Shawn has made me appreciate the importance of time.
34~ He enjoys life.
35~ He respects life.
36~ He gets frustrated if he fails at his attempts to do something.
37~ He keeps trying.
38~ He celebrated our 6-month wedding anniversary. This may not seem like a big deal to some, but it was great for me.
39~ He took me for my first and only visit to the Grand Canyon for my birthday.
40~ He gave me a framed portrait of our Savior for our 1-year anniversary.
41~ He led me on a scavenger hunt for valentine's day during our second year of marriage. He was at home making me a romantic dinner, while Grandma watched our 2 month old boy.
42~ He supported me when I wanted to nurse our babies, even though I ended up not being able to.
43~ He went to a breastfeeding class with me.
44~ He still changes diapers.
45~ He wants me to stay home with our kids so they can have a parent present at all times.
46~ He wants me to become more than I am, and is willing to support me in the choices I make to do so.
47~ He wants to serve a couple mission with me when he retires.
48~ He wants to return to South Korea where he served his Full time mission.
49~ He served a mission for our church, as a new convert.
50~ He is a convert. I would have loved him just as much if he had been a "lifer", but the fact that he is a convert is beautiful to me, because he is a true pioneer.
51~ He introduced the gospel to his brother.
52~ By introducing the gospel to his brother, he also gave me an awesome opportunity to go to the temple and spend time with him, his brother and his wife. Together, we looked into the mirrors and saw two eternal families.
53~ He reads this blog.
54~ He is willing to let me remodel the bedroom.
55~ He loves Star Wars. I love them too, but didn't realize it until I married him.
56~ He believes very firmly in a good education.
57~ He kisses me before he leaves in the mornings, and any other time he leaves the house.
58~ He forgives me when I forget to kiss him when he returns (although he does ask for an extra one when I forget).
59~ He stayed home after each of our children were born to help and be with them.
60~ He called 9-1-1 when I needed to go to the hospital after passing out on the dining room chairs.
61~ He gave me a priesthood blessing after worrying about me so much in the ER and finding out that I just had strep (yes, this was before the last time when I had the tonsils taken out. Darn things!)
62~ He has driven 2,000 miles to see my family with me.
63~ He is kind to his mom. There is just something to be said about a man who still hugs his mom and tells her he loves her.
64~ He wants his kids to know his grandparents.
65~ He works hard on genealogy. It is important to him that he finds out his line before Zachariah Luthor Holcomb.
66~ He supports me when I am on a diet.
67~ He gives great hugs.
68~ He is not afraid to tell me he is sorry when he knows he is wrong..... So long as I know when I need to say sorry and do when I am wrong.
69~ He likes to cook.
70~ He tries to do a lot on his own. This can be good or bad, but in all situations, he means well and usually does a good job.
71~ He is patient.
72~ He serves in his church callings faithfully.
73~ He is a concerned parent.
74~ He is good to me.
75~ He spoils me sometimes.
76~ He wants to continue his education. He has his Master's... two of them actually, but he wants to get his Doctorate bad.
77~ He makes great hot wings.
78~ He is not afraid to admit when he has goofed... especially when there is a grease fire to prove it.
79~ He cans tomatoes.
80~ He makes great Bread and Butter pickles.
81~ He is a good friend.
82~ He listens to me.
83~ He knows when I am concerned about something.
84~ He bathes the kids most of the time.
85~ He doesn't complain when he has to go to the couch for a clean pair of undergarments.
86~ He wants his family to be happy.
87~ He loves his family.
88~ He is strong-willed. This can be good or bad, but mostly good!
89~ He has an appreciation for nature.
90~ He is all for cloth diapering.
91~ He makes sure there is always a Chick Flick for me on the Netflix Que.
92~ He watches the Chick Flick with me most of the time.
93~ He likes the classics... Buck Rogers, Duck Tales, Flubber (the original), Story Teller... etc.
94~ He lets me nap when I have fallen asleep before the kids do.
95~ He is fun to be around.
96~ He is strong.
97~ He is thoughtful.
98~ He is wonderful.
99~ He is good.
100~ He loves me.... no matter how mean I can be to him.

Thanks for the past 8 1/2 years, Sweetheart. I look forward to spending the rest of my life and Eternity with you.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Cute Hope, I love it! I think it is so cool that he knows how to garden... And that he cans tomatoes and makes pickles. Pretty cool!

danakat said...

Awwwwww! That really is beautiful. Unfortunately now I feel pressure to do likewise to my hubby. Thanks a lot... :)

Lisa said...

Hope, That is awsome! You are great! I thought it was really cute when I saw him at dance tonight with Ranoah. He said it was her first time. I thought it was great that he was there for her first dance class!

Anonymous said...

I'm crying now....that is so sweet.

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Sorry, Dana. I didn't do it for a challenge. It was just something I needed to do!

Thanks everyone. It was harder as the numbers got to the 50's, but after 80 they started coming again. I think that happens with all my lists though.

Anonymous said...

Your hubby sounds like a keeper! You're so good, I think it's great to do things like this about and for others. It makes you think less of yourself and better appreciate your loved ones!

***LIZ*** said...

Thanks Hope! Your list reminded me of a lot of things about my own husband that I love, that I sometimes take for granted. You have a wonderful husband, and he has a wonderful wife!

Sarah said...

What a great idea. Sounds like you are a pretty luck lady.

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates