Grateful Thursday!
Okay, so I missed last week's Thursday (I am still getting use to this post!), so I am going to double up on today's...
I am especially grateful for good friends. It is always hard moving to a new place. I did it all the time growing up, so I thought I would be able to adjust quickly. However this past year-and-a-half has been somewhat lonely. I was so accustomed to having a friend over to my house practically every day while our kids played and we just sat and talked and had lunch and sometimes even spent all day with each other. We shopped at the same grocery store and quite often would end up taking home each other's kids so they could play. We had Time-Out days twice a week, giving each other time to do what was needed, without the extra energy output towards caring for children. We did so much together, so much learning as moms, so much crying, and so many wonderful smiles shared. I have missed that.
Lately I have had the chance to somewhat renew those feelings of reliability, emotional support, and just pure friendship. It has made my life that much more enjoyable again! Thanks, gal! You know who you are!!!
Second, I am grateful for gentle reminders of how we need to be more childlike. With my children approaching the age of baptism, I have been observing them a little more. They will be participating in their primary program soon at church, and have been able to memorize their speaking parts, not only word for word, but also in expression. My daughter reminds me that we need to do certain things, because it is what Jesus Christ would do. My son has been so helpful lately and more appreciative of everything he has been given. I want to be like my kids when I grow up!!






2 comments:
Sounds like you are a pretty great mommy, with kids like that it says a lot about you and Shawn, good job!
I second what Liz said. :}
Post a Comment