'Bama!! (Part 2)
Emily's Blog has part one of this entry, posted as Ben's 'bama birthday. We had a blast, as you have already read most likely. Ice Cream, Bargain Chocolate, Fresh Peaches & Alligator!! I told her I would scan a few of the yearbook pages to show off our beautiful hairdos...
Here's my mugshot for the year.... Believe it or not, my hair had actually grown out in this picture! Just look below for freshly cut pics! (FYI, They had extra pics that year to give to friends with sticky backs, so I took one of all that I had and put them in the yearbook over the black & white pics, which is why you see some larger pics than others.)
Kind of hard to see, sorry. I circled Em in green and myself in Pink. I kept the entire layout here so you all could see the picture of the Kazoo-playing girls standing above. That was at the County Fair. Emily and I both were participants in that as well. Can you imagine a bunch of 7th-graders playing kazoos at once?!?! It was so much fun!!
Okay, so here's my lovely hairstyle! You can tell I was thrilled they were taking my picture!! This was taken during our Handcraft Club. I was doing needle-point!! As my son so lovingly put it the next day when I was looking through the book with him, "Mom, you look like a boy in these pictures." Wasn't that sweet?? (Yeah, I know, I really do look like a boy in these pics!)
We didn't get a chance to look through our high school yearbook together, but I thought I would leave this with some better pics of us!! LOL Here's Emily!
And here I am. What is funny is that Emily and I really didn't see each other in high school. We had our own groups of friends and passed each other in the halls occasionally. It wasn't until the Singles Branch that we really saw each other again, then right before Shawn and I moved we saw each other in the grocery store, Baby Zach was there, too. Emily said she remembered thinking, "I can't believe Hope has a baby!". We had a lot of fun talking about junior high, our kiddos & the 60 seconds of sheer terror we experienced when Shawn rolled his riding mower onto himself and almost impaled his chest. Ah, the memories. Thanks for a great visit!!! Come back soon and we will go to Amish Country for the first time together!!







10 comments:
I now know why I didn't see you guys for like years. You went to the rich. snobby junior high, while Liz, Shanda, Lorrin, me, and I think Sarah all went to hick ville Granite MT. I am confused as to why Emily went to Prescott Schools when she lived in PV. Explain, Emily we would like to know. You are very brave. I don't think I even own my Junior High year book and my High School pictures are awful. Brave women you are.
I must admit that school yearbook photos have NEVER been very good of me either. In fact I would be okay if the yearbook NEVER came out. But anyway, it looks like you guys had so much fun together. BTW I did go to Granite. Tons of fond memories there...not.
LOL!! I actually went to both Junior high schools. 7th was spent at PMHMS and 8th at GMMS. I will say that I enjoyed both schools, but have horrid memories from both as well!! I don't enjoy snapshots either, of myself anyways. I always look odd! I actually helped make the GMMS yearbook for 1994. That was fun. And just so you know, Heather, it wasn't the rich, snobby junior high. I found it to be quite balanced.
That is just how we hicks on the other side of town veiwed it. Just kidding.
I guess I am the only one that loved Junior High and also the year book. I cherish mine and can't wait until the kids are old enough to understand the pics and recognize me. I am totally going to pull out my HS yearbooks and scan some shots. I found Heather's Senior picture in my hope chest so I will have to scan that too!!!!
Are you kidding? You think the Prescott schools were hickville, why do you think I transfered from PV in the first place? ;)
I'm sure I should know this...but where is the Russell Stover's place?!!
Heather, That is funny that you thought it was that way, I thought it was the opposite, I thought we went to the cool Jr. High and they went to the trashy one. Oh well, I often have selective memories, but I like it better that way. Love the pics, I agree, you are very brave, I am not that brave, and in fact, I don't know that i even have year books to look back at, oh well. I love the senior pics, it is easy to see why the two of ou got married so quickly after high school- beautiful!
Russell Stover's is 10 miles out on 72 west into Athens from Balch and 72. You have to watch close for the sign, but it is there!! Right before Hwy 65. CAUTION!!
Thanks, Liz! Honestly, considering Prescott Mile High Middle School was the same original campus my dad went to for high school, it was pretty old and crippled! (Sorry, Dad) Granite Mountain was a new masterpiece compared to it! But I love relics, and I loved going to both middle schools. Not many kids could claim that! LOL I think they both had their flaws, their enchantments & their unmistakable beauty & charm. I miss those days!! Life is so much more complex!! I get after my kids every time they complain about how much they have to do!! "Just wait til you grow up and move out, then I will take pitty on you!!"
WHATEVER LIZ, I hate that picture! ;) You are TOO kind.
Post a Comment