Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Wheels on the Bus

I bawled when Zach went to Kindergarten on his first day. Today, on Ranoah's first day to Kindergarten, I took pictures. Last night, I contemplated the memories I have had of her at home. Of how she tried to go on Zach's bus one time because Caillou did (PBS Kids show), and came off crying because she couldn't. Today I brushed her hair, and put it back in as nice of ponytail as I could, and tied a sheer white ribbon around it. Shawn had to tell me to stop spraying the finishing gel in her hair because I wanted her hair to be just perfect, despite the humidity outside. I even made her her favorite breakfast, Smiley Face Toast. To be honest, I am a little relieved she is in school. Not for any bad reasons, but because I know she has needed this for so long. She will thrive on school. But, now that the bus has left, I can't wait for it's return this afternoon, when I will await her and Zach coming in through the door, with a great big hug!





As the Wheels on the Bus go Round, down the street, I have a little prayer in my heart, "Please let her have fun. Please let her have a good day. Please help Zach to watch over her and to have a good day as well. Please let them return to me safely, and full of cheer."

Okay.... now, I am crying.

8 comments:

rjbmacfamily said...

I can't believe how grown up Zach & Ranoah are! Let alone over there school has started. When does school let out?

Schools here start on the 27th (thanks to Six Flags), and we're out June 4th.

Can't wait to hear how Ranoah's first day was!

Emily said...

Awwww, I know I am going to bawl when Josh starts school next year! So cute Hope, how is it at home with just one?

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Jen
I can't believe it either. I think Ranoah just had a growth spurt last week! School ends on May 25th, but we also have a Fall Break here in October.

Em
Today was actually more quiet than it has been all summer! However, the morning passed by very slowly. It wasn't until Skylah and I went out to run errands that the day started going quicker.

rjbmacfamily said...

what is fall break? is it like spring break?

Heather said...

I love the pictures and your kids are photogenic, just like mine. School is so fun. Does Roanah go all day? I would love that. I have put Logan in an afternoon kindergarten extension just so he won't go crazy. This starts new fun times. What grade is Zach in? Collin starts 3rd. How scary is that? I will have all of them in school this year. Trenton goes to preschool everyday to try and catch him up.

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Jen~Fall Break is exactly like Spring Break here. It is awesome!! It is in the middle of October.

Heather~Zach is in Second grade because of his birthday being in December. Wow.. everyone gone! Ranoah is in Kindergarten the whole day, so she and Zach ride the bus together both ways. They even have naptime there. Skylah will be in Joyschool soon. So, two days out of every 4 weeks she will be there, then on the 5th week I teach the group. It is loads of fun! Hopefully you get some good rest while they are away during the day!

FYI... Ranoah had barely set one foot in the house when she came home and shouted "That was the funnest day I ever had, Mom!!!!".

Shanda said...

Such cute kids! It is crazy how time flys but I am sure you will do great with this milestone in your daughters life!

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Thanks Shanda. This week was hard for her because they divided the week into girls' days and boys' days to adjust them to the whole schedule. Ranoah has hated spending today at home with me. Even though most of it was spent out of the home at our mall in the playground.

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates