Where are all my shirts??
Okay, I promised Shawn I was going to put a post on the blog about our little humorous quarrel that we had about this question that he woke me up with. "Where are all my shirts?" At 6:05am, after I jumped out of bed and slapped the alarm clock and told Shawn to wake up and then I snuggled back into my side of the bed, I hear this question being asked, "Where are all my shirts?".
"Here are all your shirts!!!"
"No, I want this one (dangling the red shirt he pulled out of the clean laundry ready to be folded)... could you iron this please?"
"Why do you want this one? This nice blue shirt is perfectly fine!"
"I don't want blue... I want this red one, because of my (sunburned) neck."
That is where the fun started!!!
We ended up in a annoying tickling fight because I kept smiling at him and cracking some comment about not having any shirts. What Shawn didn't like about this repetitive comment out of my mouth, was that I was the one making the comment! He is usually the one who can't drop anything.
"You're crazy!"
"You're the one who asked me to marry you.... so what does that make you?"
"Stupid."
("Ha! So you admit it!!!")
Another thing you must realize about our relationship is that it is based 80% on sarcastic remarks. We know (most of the time) when the other is being honest or attempting to be silly.
There began the tickle fest.
We got silly, and then had to end it because Shawn had to go return a tractor tool he rented over the weekend, then return my van to me and proceed to work.
He left so quickly he forgot his wallet and his security badge. When he called me to ask me to find them both, I simply responded, "Yes, sweetheart."
Just so you know.... our relationship is 110% based on our complete love and admiration of one another.






5 comments:
In my defense, she did tell me about a month ago that all I had to do was ask her in the morning and she would iron whatever I needed. Obviously, she wasn't expecting me to take her up on the offer.
I did, indeed tell him to let me know in the morning if he needed a shirt ironed. I didn't expect him to tell me he had nothing to wear when in fact there were several nice shirts that didn't need ironing to choose from already. Yes, I did iron it, for those who might be curious....
PS... I still love you, huney!
ha ha ha
Shawn you are lucky to have such a sweet wife. Thankfully Adam wears scrubs to work.
I echo Liz. You have such a nice wife to do your ironing. If it is not wrinkle free my husband does not get to wear it very often because I seldom iron.
Post a Comment