Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Soccer Has Begun

Zach has been practicing for his new season for a few weeks. Finally, Saturday, they got to play their first game of the season. The White Knights is the chosen name for their team, and I think it is quite appropriate!


The team played a great game, especially through the heat and humidity, and the fact that they had been there for an entire hour before to wait for pictures and the other team to arrive. Nevertheless, they came out on top. But not before Zach got smacked in the face with the ball, right where his glasses were. No worries, nothing broke. He was just a little shaken up from the event, but quickly recovered and jumped right back in the game.





Zach and his team of White Knights played hard, and enjoyed a wonderfully played game. We are especially excited this year because of who Zach's assistant coach is...

That's right... the tall guy in the bright blue coach's shirt, standing next to Coach Jeff, is Assistant Coach "Dad". Look at him go!!

During the game, Ranoah decided to dive into photography. I let her wander around the field taking pictures. Although I had to delete most of them, here's one I felt was a great artistic view, despite the fact that she actually meant to get it centered...

(Mommy, holding Skylah)

I don't know if I will regret it, but I corrected her usage and angle techniques to get her more centered. This is a picture she took of another team mom that was on the sidelines with us...

I must say she was an excellent sport, letting my daughter take her picture during the excitement of the game.

And here's my humidity stricken photographer...

What would be a post on here without the cuteness that is Skylah? Here she is, trying to pawn off the soccer ball to an adopted crowd grandma...

Great start to what will definitely be a fun season, White Knights!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Fun!! I love watching my kids play sports. Although soccer is not one of them. Zach looked like a real trooper and they won. That makes it even better. Enjoy the season.

Bama Holcomb Family said...

I am looking forward to the season, Heather. It is funny... we will be spending the first couple weeks in the heat; the next month doing okay; followed by us freezing our hineys off at the end of the season! But I love to watch Zach play. He is not very athletic. But he loves to play, and he does pretty well most of the time.

Sarah said...

You are amazing. I wish I had your determination to grind my own wheat. I feel so silly just letting it sit in various places in my house. I really should be better about using it and other food storage items. Looks like you guys are going to have a wonderful season. You season starts much earlier than ours. Our sports don't start until October. Hmmmm.

I love getting together with friends. It is a huge break even when the kidos are with you. The adult/girl conversation is so refreshing. Definatly do that more often.

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Thanks, Sarah. It has taken a while for me to get to the point where I am. And I have a lot further to go. But, moving to an area where stuff like making your own bread and crackers is more appreciated has helped immensely. I am sure out west it would have been good too. But down in Houston, at least in the area where we lived, I just got strange looks from everyone when I mentioned homemade bread! I love the way it feels to make something from fresh wheat flour, and for my kids to help in the process. They love to grind wheat!

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates