Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sugar & Spice & Blessings from Above

I know I said I wouldn't be posting for a while, but I had to tonight...

My little girl (one of them anyways) is speaking so well now. It amazes me sometimes. She seems to be growing twice as fast as the older two. Anyways, she has been saying her own prayers lately, without any help. Usually it is the same repeated prayer... "Heavily Faver, Fank you this day. Fank you fo bessings. Name a Jees Chist, Amen". Tonight, she took my breath away. As I knelt down beside her and she prayed, "Heavily Faver, Fank you this day. Fank you fo bessings. Fank you fo family. Fank you fo Zach & Manoah (Zach & Ranoah... her brother and sister). In Name a Jees Chist, Amen".... Oh, I started to cry. This sweet innocent 2 year-old girl telling her Heavenly Father "Thank You" for her own brother and sister. I am sorry... I just had to share.

I am so grateful for children who are aware of their blessings. And that those blessings include their own loving family. I love my children so very much. They are the reason I wake up each morning and whip up a fresh batch of pancakes or waffles every day. They are the reason I bake bread, make Potatoe Chip Cassarole, sew diapers... They are the reason I live. (Okay, my husband may also have a little bit to do with that as well!!) I am blessed.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

How sweet. I love to hear prayers from little people they are so adorable. They really grow up way too fast.

***LIZ*** said...

Hope, So sweet! When our kids are sweet you can totally tell why we are commanded to be like little children. So pure and full of love. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful story.

Emily said...

Touching, Hope. I loved this post. I am so grateful to have little children and be an important part in another human life.

Heather said...

So beautiful! My 3 year old refuses to pray and why every single day when I make him. It all depends on the child. Each so different and unique. Good luck tomorrow. I am thinking and praying about you.

***LIZ*** said...

Hope, are you alive... I know you probably feel like death, but I just wanted to let you know we are thinking about you and hope you get better soon! We need to do the icecream challenge when you are back in the land of the living...

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Hey, Gals!

Yes, Iam still alive, part of the day. I am still pretty consistant with taking pain killers, and the morning meds give me hives so I am taking Benedryl on top of the pain killers in the morning, which usually makes for an interesting afternoon. But in the evening I am usually back to just the pain killers. I am hoping to be up and doing a few more things by Monday, especially since that is when Shawn has told me he HAS to get back to work. So we shall see what happens, eh! Thanks for the thoughts, gals!

Sarah said...

Hey Hope. I just wanted to see if you could help me out with the layout that you use for your blog. I love the entire thing including the header.
Thanks, Sarah

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates