Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Back Again?

Nope, not yet. Just wanted to put in a word or two. Right now my strep is gone, but I have had hives from the meds for a week and a half now, and been taking Benadryl that long as well. I went to the lab yesterday to get my pre-op testing done. I don't know what is up with my veins lately. During all of my pregnancies, never for any of the millions of blood tests they did did I ever have a vein blow. Now, all of the sudden my veins don't want to cooperate. When I was in the ER a few weeks ago my vein blew in two different spots. I finally had the IV in between my elbow and wrist. Yesterday, right after I told the vampire (nurse) that that had happened, my vein blew! She used a smaller needle and finally got access on the top of my hand. We sat there for almost 10 minutes as she slowly got 6 viles of blood from me through the tiny needle. However, it was the first time in a LONG time that I didn't bruise from it!! Thank you, Miss Vampire, whomever you may be.

So, my surgery is scheduled for the 26th. So, even though I am going to be checking as often as I can on the other blogs, I won't be posting here anytime again soon. Hopefully after I recover I can take the kids on some local outings and get some Summer-fun pics! Until then, don't have too much fun without me!!!

2 comments:

***LIZ*** said...

Hope, you poor thing! That all sounds awful. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel though. Once those pesky tonsils are gone, you never have to do this again. Feel better soon!

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Thanks Liz!! Yes, I am trying to see that light each day!!!!! I bought my 4th and 5th pack of Benedryl today. I just hope I don't build up an immunity to it. Ha! Wouldn't that be great?!

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates