Help!! No... More.... SOUP!!!!
I am about to lose my mind... what's left of it that is. I have had nothing but soup for almost 2 weeks. Each time I buy just a few more cans, hoping they are my last. But alas, I still end up going to the store to get more. Why??? Why would someone be crazy enough to eat nothing but soup for 2 + weeks?? I love soup... normally. Right now, I despise it. If it weren't for the fact that this soup is the only source of nourishment for me right now, I would throw every can in the donation bins ASAP!! Is there no end?
So, why has Hope been eating so much soup? Hope has been having the most aggravated occurrence of Strep ever to take place in her life. Most people who know me (Hope), know that each year in school it was beyond normal for me to take a couple weeks off from school to enjoy a case of Strep throat. In my junior year of high school, one month of my time was contributed to this long held tradition of my incredibly odd physical body. Never was I sick enough though for the doctor to say, "Well, young lady, let's just rip those suckers out of there so you never have to deal with this again". At least, not until now. Yep, the doctor finally feels sorry enough for me, after 2 antibiotics that didn't work, a trip to the ER for re-hydration, steroids & major IV doses of Antibiotics & now finally my continuing struggle at home to nurse this thing with ongoing doses of pain killers, steroids, antibiotics & lots of fluids. Oh, and SOUP. He has said that as soon as the infection is gone, I will have the tonsils removed. That there is no reason for me to suffer this again. I love this doctor. I still despise soup though. Oh, and you will never guess what is on the menu for my family this month to have 3 times..... Come on, I dare you to say it.
WHY did you have to say it?!?!? Yes, they.... WE are supposed to have some delicious soup in bread bowls 3 times this month. I have tried to eat other things, but they won't fit into my mouth since my jaw is tightened thanks to my tonsil. GRRRRRRR. I know there are worse fates that could come into my life. But, for now, my destruction is being plotted by these two culprits....

And somehow.... somewhere... they shall meet their demise.






4 comments:
Hope, I can't believe that you have been miserable for so long. I was wondering myself why they had not yet taken out your tonsils. I'm glad you finally have a doctor who will take care of this, hopefully never to happen again. You have a monthly family menu! Color me totally impressed. I am lucky if I can figure out what we will eat each day let alone in advance. Now these bread bowls you speak of, are those homemade bread bowls? Oh, and I don't know if this will help, but when my braces act up I subsist on soup and mashed potaoes, with a milkshake thrown in every once in a while and pudding, I love instant pudding.
Oh Hope, good luck with tonsil thing. I had mine out last summer it was 10 times worse than my c-sections. The pain was unbearable. I actually ended up in the hospital for 3 days trying to get the pain under control. I had a migraine that made me start throwing up and that was the last straw for me. Three days after I got home from the hospital, Logan had his bike accident and broke his jaw in three places. It was the summer from you know where. Good luck and let us know. I liked to eat egg drop soup from Chinese Restaurants. That felt the best going down and lots of jello. Oh I feel for you. The pain didn't go away for 6 weeks.
At least you have a cute cup to put it in.
POOOOR HOOOOPE!
What about spaghetti o's?
Thanks for the support, gals!
Liz~ Yes, homemade bread bowls. And I do the monthly menu for my sanity and nothing else. Unfortunately all the dairy stuff sounds better than it feels... Any dairy clogs my throat. Fun! Otherwise, I would be chowin' down on the Tapioca!!
Heather~ I have heard horror stories about adult tonsil surgeries. It seems the younger you are, the easier it is. I am not anxious for what comes after, except for the fact that I won't have to go through this again.
Emily~ Yes, I will admit, I enjoy my soup mugs! They get me through each meal with a little bit more of a smile.
Well, to top things off, yesterday I came down with hives as a reaction to the meds I am on. So, now I am taking Benedryl almost religiously on top of all the meds I am already taking. The good news is that my tonsils are actually going down. But now I can do even less around the house and Shawn said he wants to hire a "new maid". I am eating some normal foods right now, although soups are more easy to swallow, because I just can't stand the site of soup anymore.
Thanks for the support, again. I will keep everyone updated! Have a good week!
Post a Comment