Thursday, May 17, 2007

This is what I do while I twiddle my thumbs and wait for Shawn to come home from a business trip...

Okay, sorry for the long title. I just had to. Shawn and I both joke around about me staying at home and eating Bon-bons all day. (He knows I don't do that, but we love to joke around about it... it keeps things lively.) Whenever he went on a business trip when we lived in Texas, I would paint a room or do something else crazy. Living room turned red; playroom turned blue & our shower door disappeared and turned into a stall curtain! I am weird that way. So, this time he knew I would do "Something" to the house. Believe me, I want to. I really want to. There are still some rooms that desperately need to be remodeled. In fact, while taking pictures tonight, I realized my throw pillows on my couch really don't belong there, so you won't be seeing that picture. Anyways, to answer your curiosity, No, I did not paint anything. Shawn left Tuesday and will be back tomorrow, and I knew I wouldn't have the energy to paint a room on my own in that short time. So, this is what I have been doing... on top of the usual feeding kids three square meals, dishes, laundry, shopping for groceries, (attempting to) replace a lawnmower blade, mowing the lawn, babysitting....

Assembled these & will fill them tomorrow.

Filled and hung this outside (it is my new bird feeder, but it was dark outside and real windy and I really didn't feel like going out to take the picture so I did it through the window with no flash).

Hung my Bridal Veil plant (if I don't kill this one, I will get a real planter and hanger for it).

Been reading this at night before bed.

Been trying to read this in the afternoon while kids are running around me like cattle. I am on Sense and Sensibility. (By the way, the candle next to my book smells SOOOOO awesome!!!)

I can guarantee he has been twiddling his thumbs and eating more Bon-bons than I!!

4 comments:

***LIZ*** said...

Wow, you can get things done.... I am lucky if I can manage to keep the house clean. I LOVE Jane Austin... we just read Persuaion for my book club a few months ago. I love reading a great love story now and again.

Emily said...

Hope, I had to catch up on your latest blog posts! You've been a busy girl, you sound like me, I love to do projects and stir things up a bit. It is just more fun that way. I love all of your pictures and posts, it makes me happy!

The Mad Planter, LLC - Lorrin Wagner said...

Hope, I know you knit and Sarah told me you did cloth diapers. Could/would you possibly knit me some wool shorties? I would love some really cute ones like Hyena Cart or Cranky Pants (like a Monster) but I can't afford that much. I didn't know how much knitting you actually do with your kids and all. Let me know - lorrinwagner@msn.com
Hope you are doing well otherwise.
Lorrin

Anonymous said...

You sure did get a lot done! Keep posting, I love to hear about your family!

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates