Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Spring At the Gardens!!

One of Shawn's Christmas presents to me was a membership to the Botanical Gardens! So, we went to their re-opening of the Butterfly House!! It was loads of fun...


The butterflies were plentiful, and they had so many other fun and interesting sites to see while we were there. The turtles were probably everybody's favorite!

It really is a awesome and beautiful place to go!
After the Butterfly House, we went outside to the children's garden area where they were having a DJed activity time for the kids. They hopped around, got wet, won prizes and basked in the Alabama Spring Sun!!


And a little bit more fun....


And these were growing all around!! There were other, more elegant flowers, but these are the ones I enjoy the most! The Garden of Hope was planted in honor/memory of those battling all sorts of cancers. Having close loved ones who have passed on from cancer, or are currently fighting cancer, I had to take a picture for everyone!

Happy Spring!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, I just saw Holly at the library and she looked so good. I can't how many people I have come in contact with since I took lives advice and updatd my blog, how amazing.You r family is beautiful as well and I will keep checking back often to see what you are up to.

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Oh, thank you! I can't believe it either! I never spoke with this many people through Classmates!! I think this is awesome! And I still can't believe how big and beautiful your family is!!

***LIZ*** said...

Hope,
I thought when I first looked that this was your garden, I was totally green with envy.... cute pics, I can't wait to see what is in your garden at home...

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates