Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Zach Doesn't Like Bees

Yesterday, 10 seconds after I had dropped the girls off at a friend's house to play, I received a call on my cell from Shawn that Zach was in the nurse's office at school for a bee sting, on his eye! So, I rush like a mad-woman to the school (some say I drive like one all the time anyways) and go in to get Zach. Poor guy is sitting there with a huge bag of ice on his eye. When he takes it off, his eye-lid is 3 x's it's normal size!! Trying to keep my calm, I ask the nurse for help to contact the doctor, and she tells me it won't do me any good because they would just have me take him to Urgent Care. So, we head over to Urgent Care. Zach is calm as a caterpillar chowing on leaves while I am worried his face will double in size and he will have to be admitted and all sorts of things are shooting through my creative mind (now I see where Ranoah gets her dramatising, only she expresses it openly).



After a short visit to the waiting room, and another short wait in the patient room, the doctor gives him a dose of Benedryl & some mild steroids for the inflammation and sends us on our way. After talking with my friend afterwards about it, she said that the 2nd one is usually the worst, but then the venom has been in the body and the immunities are built up so that nothing really happens afterwards. So, pondering his earlier years, I have to wonder... Since he was bit so many times by horrible Houston Fire Ants, blisters and all, would this be considered a 3rd and on insect venom reaction?... Or is this the first?? There goes my lovely imagination again!! I didn't get a picture of Zach, since his swelling went down pretty quick and this morning he was fine, so I selected a lovely picture of this creature....



Now, Mr. B.... DON'T COME NEAR MY SON AGAIN!!!!! (Phew! That was easy enough.)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates