Friday, April 20, 2007

Self Portrait Challenge

Okay, I know I am soooooo late on this, but that weekend ended up being busier than ever!! So, here's my Self Portrait that I promised Emily I would do!!

I know... this is not a picture of JUST me... But it is what I am lately... A Mommy!!! Here's the gist...

'M'... is for the Many CAKES I bake!

'O'... is for the Overabundance of Hugs I take.

'M'... is Mostly awake mornings getting children ready for the day!

'M'... for all the Messes I love to clean!

&

'Y'... is for the Yearly cards of appreciation and love from all my family!!


Okay, so it doesn't rhyme very well, but it was what I could think of!! On a different note...
Growing up in Arizona was the life I lead for 18 years,

Marrying the man of my dreams took 3 months more!

363 days after the loss of someone close to my family,

I was sealed to him, in Mesa, AZ, for Time & All Eternity.



366 days after that blessed day, came another blessing in our lives...

Zachariah Vincent Holcomb, Dec. 19, 1999 (Due January 25, 2000)... Truly a blessing in our lives.

December 26, 2000, we moved our young family to Houston, TX.

More blessings each year to come, along with trials and lessons.

December 5, 2001, close friends of ours were killed and others burned,

the next day, however, our tables were graciously turned.

Ranoah Lynn Holcomb, born December 6, 2001,

Brought new meaning to the word "balance" in our family.

Our family, done growing, or so we surely thought,

settled into the lifestyle we had for a time, but then something again was missing.

Through prayer, and thought, and pondering, we decided ours was still unfinished,

So, along came Skylah Marie Holcomb, born August 11, 2004.

Our picture feels so complete, at least for now, for us,

Until that day of restless wonder, if it indeed comes.

So, now I take you to the next bit, of all I have to share,

of my likes, my dislikes & all of which I care.

Being "Mom" is such a blessing, yet challenging so true,

so what is it that I keep sane with and like at other times to do?

Sewing summer clothes for myself, since store bought things I do not like,

Playing with the kids at the park, and even riding my bike.

I love to bake, and knit, and crochet a lot,

although at times I am tying myself in knots!

Painting my Dining room wall mural has been fun,

Though I cannot wait until it is done!!

My life is more tranquil, since we moved to Madison,

Some days are not as tranquil, though I think that is quite common!

I love to write, and chat, and sing, and play,

But resting, yes resting, is what I LOVE to do...

At the end of the busy day!!

And that.... Is Me!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Thanks Hope, you are so cute. Your poem was the best.

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates