Tuesday, December 22, 2009

11 Down... Eternity to Go!

I love this man. I love the life he has given me. I love the sweet family he has given me. I could never have imagined 12 years ago that I would be here. In fact 12 years ago I was busy contemplating the passing away of my sweet brother-in-law. He promised to watch over me and make sure I ended up with the right man. He wasn't going to let just any man date and marry me. And he passed away before I even met who is my Eternal companion right now.

My brother-in-law and I had a deep connection. He was like a real brother to me. (And since I already have two that was a bonus!!!) He loved music!!! In fact he and my sister had their first date attending the highschool musical I was in at that time, Annie. But I will never forget hearing him sing along with the Tokens, "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". Not the deep barritone part. No. The high Soprano part that everyone else tries to sing. No. He sang it. He could outsing any person I know.

Getting on the the point of this story, as silly as it sounds to some... When Shawn and I were going on a group date out to a Lake in AZ close to where we all lived, I was pondering this sweet, handsome man who was dating me. My mind wandered off to the promise my brother-in-law made to me to watch over me. I asked myself, "Is this the man I am going to spend the rest of my life with??"

At that very moment, I kid you not, the most amazing song came on over the Radio... "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". The biggest smile came across my face, along with a snicker and a giggle. I knew I was still being watched over by my other brother!! It all felt right. Even before the song came on I knew it was all wonderful. But that just made my day.

I love where I am in my life with this man. We have been married for 11 years. We have owned 3 houses, been raising and loving 3 wonderful children, been through so much and seen so much together. To celebrate it all this year we went to see a Hockey game. It may not seem like much to some. But it was athe first sporting event Shawn and I have ever been to together. And even though we don't care for sports that much, I will remember that night always.

I can't wait to grow old with this man. I can't believe I get to spend the rest of my life, and MORE with this man!!! He is the Universe to me. He is my guiding light now. I love him. Happy Anniversary, Shawn!!

2 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I LOVE the pictures and the sweet commentary.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the pictures and the thoughts you had and have.

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates