Thursday, April 23, 2009

Watching Time Pass By

In so many ways, time has been passing by lately. Slower than slow. Faster than I would like. Not fast enough.


A watched pot never boils. Have you ever heard that?? Well, today we watched ice melt. And it did.

My week teaching in Preschool today was my last. Not just for this year. No. This was the last for probably the rest of my life. It was an odd thought. In just a few months I will have no children at home with me. They will all be in school.

To celebrate, my last week teaching I had my little Preschoolers be little Scientists. They played the roll so well!!

We made Science Journals. This week we discussed the letter 'W'. W is for water. Water evaporates. Did you know that?!

Today we explored water's solid form... ICE! How fast does it melt in different circumstances? In the shade vs sunlight? Hot water vs cold?? Is ice heavier than water???

This may not seem like the most exciting subject. But to a group of fresh minds, it was spectacular!!

Our little Monkey Preschooler Scientists!! I have had a wonderful time watching them grow this year. Now, just a note... one of our little Monkeys is not present in these pictures. We have missed H! She left our group a couple months ago, and we have ALL missed her dearly.

I will miss seeing this group of kids grow and learn. This has been a fun experience. I don't know what I will do entirely next year. I am sure I will be in Skylah's Kindergarten class quite often!!!

So, kids, my last note to you... Don't grow up too fast!

7 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

I can't believe all your kids will be in school next year! What will you do with yourself? (I can think of a hundred things . . . .) :)

Natalie said...

That is amazing to think no more preschool. It looks like your little scientists really enjoyed themselves.

Trish said...

I'm debating this still in my mind... I don't want to push Meeka out the door, but if I start her early (her birthday is a few days after the cut-off), then I could go back to work, which this family needs so badly. I really wanted to keep her another year. Testing for early kindergarten is coming very soon. I will have her tested. She will pass if they don't think she is just TOO shy, because she knows her stuff. Perhaps by the beginning of school (mid-July here with modified year-round) things will have changed for us financially? I hope so.

Beautiful pictures, as usual! I love that in the last one, the little wavy-haired girl has her shoes on the wrong feet. So awesome. I also love that they're all looking down at the ice melting, which could be ignored, and pretend that they are all having a conversation about her shoes. :) Do you see where my crazy mind wanders so quickly?!

Miss you! Have a wonderful day! Love to you!

Wendyrful said...

I was almost there once...
I know I will miss these days when they are gone!!! Enjoy every last little moment! ;-)

Lisa said...

Very fun. We will have to do lunch next year!!

Hilary said...

I love the last picture! I can't believe Skylah will be in school already next year. Didn't you tell her she can't do that?!

:)

Karen said...

Ahhhh. The joys of preschool. It looks like your time is flying by like mine!

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates