Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Everything keeps moving...

After realizing it wasn't just the flu going on for days, I went in to see the doctor finally to see why I was still dizzy. I was hoping she would simply say something like, "Oh, yes, you have an ear infection. Here. Let me write you a prescription and you should feel better soon."

It seems life is never that simple. I think I already knew that. But this time, it actually made me laugh.

No. Instead she told me it was a condition that was incurable, there was no medication I could take, and that I would basically have to deal with it for the remainder of my lifespan. With the exception of a somewhat relieving ride I can take on an ENT table to try to get the equilibrium back to normal for a time, I have to adjust and learn how to get out of bed slowly in a slightly odd rolling way. Rise from my chairs slowly and get a slow start to walking from a still position. It seems the only thing I have been able to do without too much adjusting is driving.

So, I just smiled and came home. I am still laughing at this. What else is there for me to do? I am not even 30 and I am falling apart ever-so-slowly! I am sure there are others that feel similarly. In fact, a sweet friend of mine deals with far greater physical challenges and goes through each day accomplishing the job of three moms, in my opinion. She has the biggest smile on anyone I know. When I heard the news, I instantly thought of her and her attitude. (You know who you are!)

Next task, after the doctor gets my Thyroid balanced again, is to get beyond this hurdle and get back into exercising. No more jumping jacks, running or crunches for me, but I know there is something I can do, and I need to tell my body that I must do it.

Until that happens, I guess I just get to see the world from a slightly unique perspective... everything moving around me in odd ways!!

Keep Smiling!! Keep Doing!! Keep Living!!

7 comments:

Trish said...

What now, Hope? Vertigo? I wish you were here to see my miracle-working chiropractor! Oh, Hope. That's all I can write here... I'll just have to send you an email of love. ;)

Thinking of and praying for you, dear one.

Anonymous said...

Keep smiling my dear. And be happy. Ever so happy. The world has a way of making things harder than they are. :)

Wendyrful said...

I was going to ask 'what' specifically... Is it Vertigo?
What a sweet attitude you have about things too. Slow isn't so bad, right? you get to take a bit more time to think and reflect that way. perhaps we should all do that a bit more than we do, as we RACE around all the time.
(((HUGS)))

Karen said...

Oh. Hang in there. That can't be much fun. Hope you feel better soon.

Jenni said...

As one whose body started falling apart when I was 22 I TOTALLY relate and am SO sorry that you have joined this club of sorts! I hope you can find your way around the difficulties and become aware of what you can/can't do quickly.

Keep smiling and keep reminding yourself that Heavenly Father has great plans for you!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes all you can do is laugh! :) Thanks for the positive perspective. If you need anything let me know. I am here!

Lisa said...

Hope. I love you. You are awesome. Lisa

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates