Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend Calm

Zach came home Friday from school announcing he had homework. "Oh. Great!" I thought. "So, what is it?" "To have fun!!" I love homework like that!


My energy has been slowly creeping back into the picture, so I decided to take some pictures of my own!









(I don't know what she was doing at this moment, but really... how often do you get a chance to take a picture of them like this???)


Saturday mornings I try to get "Thorough Cleaning" done before we do anything else. I also try to make it more fun for my kids. So, this time I thought I would try a race! Rules? 1~ If kids beat Mom, Mom takes kids to lunch, there choice. If Mom beats kids (in race;)), kids make lunch for Mom. What to do? Make list of chores on dry erase board. Mom crosses off her chores in Pink; Kids cross off theirs in Blue. Set timer for 1 hour. Catch? Kids must work together on each chore to get it done before crossing it off!!

It went great!! At the end of the race, Mom crossed off 5 chores. Kids?... 8! So, I made the list of their lunch choices (we had to be somewhere in the vicinity soon after lunch and I didn't want to drive too far and have no time to eat or enjoy) on the board and went to shower up while they decided. When I came out, I saw this...


I love my 9-year-old cuddly son! He is so awesome!! Lately because of how I have been feeling I have been able to rely on his help 100%. Even cooking some things. It has been wonderful. He is awesome. So are my precious girls. I love them so much!!

1 comment:

Wendyrful said...

Sounds like you found a great system! Everybody helped and the work got done! Great job! and cute message! That's sweet that you are able to ocunt on the kids to help out!

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates