Docta!! Docta!!
(This entry is more for journaling purposes. So, if you are not wanting to read a small excerpt from my life, then you can go ahead and move along to the next blog on your list.... I won't mind.)
So, lately I have been feeling a little off. Head aches, extremely tired days. For those who don't know, I have a problem with my Thyroid. Nothing huge, more of an annoyance on the days when I want or need to get something done, and my body says NO.
Well, it was time for my 6 month check-up for my Thyroid, to make sure the levels aren't off or anything. I go in to my "Docta" (You have to be a fan of Pete's Dragon to even have a clue of what I mean.) after the vampire took some of my blood, and find out that my levels are WAY off!! Higher than they have ever been in the time I have been diagnosed. My doctor is asking me numerous times if I have been taking my meds?? 'Yes!!' Are you sure?? 'Of course'.
The mystery of my two-day headache, week-long vertigo, three days of complete sleepiness, month of brainfarts has been solved! Now begins another round of monthly blood work to figure out if my levels are getting balanced and such.
What triggers the sudden change in these levels? Most often... STRESS. Let's see, have I been stressed lately?? You know, I can hide stress better than most people. Wear a smile everywhere, even to the mirror! That is what I believe. Sometimes not so easy, but it is always good to try.
But lately, stress has been lurking. I actually thought I was doing fine. So what if my panic attacks are coming on only 15 minutes into my workouts. That's normal... right?? (Guess not.) There have been things here and there. I thought it was fine, but I guess I need to express my feelings more. But who wants to be around an emotional basket case???
Okay, so now that I have vented, I will admit to you all what is in the mail (still)...
Nope, maybe later.






2 comments:
that thyroid thing is horrible!!! I hope you feel better very soon!!! I love you Hope!
At least the vampire was able to figure things out quickly, and with a simple blood test. Sorry you have to keep having regular visits with your vampire (there are some you know who'd love to have a date with a Vampire -Edward or family. He he!)
Stress is a crazy thing! And if you hold it all inside, and hide it... it will do really crazy things to you! Come on Hope! Just let it all out! ;-) love ya!
Post a Comment