Insert Foot Please
So, I don't know about other spouse relationships, but in mine I hear a lot of "Why don't you do this anymore?", to which I respond "I don't know. Why don't you bring me flowers anymore?". Don't get me wrong, I love my husband dearly. We never really had the whole romantic thing going though. Oh, we had our moments. Our second Valentine's Day was spent with me on a little hunt following clues to eventually finding my husband at our little apartment with a candle-lit dinner for two. He strung a locket on some carnations which he gave me when I gave birth to our firstborn. I do have my long list. But, we have both kind of lost that little spark. Oh, we still have our moments of thoughtfulness behind birthday and Christmas presents and little treats here and there.... I will just cut to the quick....

Guess what I was foolish enough to say... "No, I actually prefer daisies". Yah, I had a major foot-in-the-mouth moment. I love daisies, and my husband has never bought them for me. But even after all that complaining of not getting any flowers and he came home with this potted plant of gorgeous, fragrant red tulips, I still let out a complaint. Has anyone here EVER done that to their spouse?? I must know.
Since then, each time I pass my wonderful tulips I think, "how sweet is this man who I love?" and "how could I have said such a horrid thing?!?!?!". I love this man, and I am declaring here and now, "I do indeed love tulips!" & "I do indeed LOVE my sweet and caring hubby!!!!".
This was our 10th Valentines I figured out the other night. This year is full of all our '10th' celebrations, including anniversary. I never thought of it like that before, and I am so amazed that we have made it this far. Shawn, Sweetie, I love you.
PS.... I had to share. While we were preparing the yard for gardening this year Shawn dug up this little wonder left over from last year!! It spent an entire winter in the ground. LOL It was yummy in our salad tonight!!







6 comments:
Your tulips are GORGEOUS! Are they still on their bulbs and replantable? so cute.
I love the carrot, I thought he would have shrivled and died over wintertime!
Oh no! You'd better be careful or the flowers might stop coming. I love flowers of all kinds! Congrats on all the 10s!
I love the pic of your tulips! I love red!!! That's a pretty fat carrot! I am sure it was yummy!
I love tulips. Yours are especially beautiful. I must admit I have had the foot in mouth syndrome before. Sometimes things just come out before they make it through the "is this okay" sensor. I am sure he have fully forgiven you.
LOL
Thank you for admitting that you're not perfect.
LOL
That was so funny! And the good thing is that he's got to love you no matter what! :)
Yes, we all insert our feet in our mouths on occasion. That is the best part about being in love, they forgive you! Beautiful tulips!
Post a Comment