Thursday, November 08, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I am finding it harder and harder to think of things to be grateful for, so that I don't find myself too repetitious. These days I find that I am very grateful to go through each day without yelling at my sweet and wonderful children for their small mistakes, or that I have the energy to do some of the things I need to do each day. When I look at my life, I see that I am completely blessed. I have a friend that I write to on occasion who helps me see just how blessed I am...

I grew up knowing her through my brother, because they were dating each other. Then when I went to YW camp in the summer she was one of the Youth Leaders. She was always so spunky, sweet and just an awesome person to be around. Little did I know that she was going through so much. For she decided to not put her sorrows on display for others. But to shine her light so bright that others would never had even guessed.

She is married (no, not to my brother) and has been able to bare her own children, despite all the complications. She lives each day now in so much pain. She could either spend each day being heavily medicated, but she has chosen to spend each day in the pleasure of knowing her children and husband and the joys that they bring to her. I have written her during times of chaos in my own life, but then I see her words, and almost hear her voice as I read them, and remember just what chaos and trials are.

I believe that there are different things that Heavenly Father sees fit to challenge us with. Each according to our strengths and abilities, and each time to test us, and push us a little bit more. To see how our Faith holds still. I do not wish or pray that I might be able to be challenged in those ways, but I do pray that I may have the strength and Faith to be able to endure all things that I may face. So far, I feel, that I have been blessed in such a way. I know there is still so much for me to learn and face in this life. I only hope that I take every opportunity to learn and grow. I am grateful for my friends and family who are so blessed with such strong Faith and understanding and show me their great examples each day.

5 comments:

danakat said...

Hope, that was so moving. Thank you for your sharing your beautiful thoughts. You have started my day off in such a sweeter way.

Lisa said...

That makes me remember and know what I am thankful for. The little things that are blessing that we take forgranted, everyday.

Emily said...

I do believe trials are tailored to us as individuals. Sometimes it's hard, but in the end I am grateful for them. I know that sounds bizarre, but it's the trials that keep me on the straight and narrow!

***LIZ*** said...

I don't think we ever can know totally what others are going through or what their trials are. I try to remember that every one has different trials and that they are doing the best they can and it helps me to be a little kinder.

Sarah said...

Oh Hope I just love you!!! Your Thursday posts are great reminders for me. Our trials are tough but necessary.

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates