Long and Curly...
I have been seeing everyone here asking about hairstyles and whatnot, and it has really made me quite bored with my own hair.
My husband and I both prefer long hair on me, and with my natural curls, there isn't much room for cutting styles. Well, I have been growing my hair for 3 years now, and it has been just "long and curly". So, yesterday I tipped over and layered my hair. A girlfriend taught me how to do this after I butchered my hair trying to layer in another way.

So, what do you think??






7 comments:
I think it looks great. The color is wonderful too!
Looks beautiful! I would be no help on ideas because my hair is stick straight! The exact opposite if yours...my hair goals: more volume! Thats one reason I like mine so short.
I agree! I love it and I am like Shanda, envious of the volume. I am so impressed that you can cut your own hair. I do Adam's but I can't even begin to think how to cut my own hair. I love this pic too, your eyes look so exotic.
Beautiful, as in you and your hair is just a bonus. Looks good. How long is it when its straight? Curly hair always looks way shorter than it really is.
Thanks, gals! I feel much better now that I have lost a few inches and added shape to my hair. Before I trimmed it, it went down about 5 inches below my shoulders, dry. Wet, about 8 inches below my shoulders. Now, wet it is about 3 inches below my shoulders and an inch or two dry at the longest points.
Cutting my own hair isn't very risky since it is curly. You really can't see any mistakes! Although I have been doing it for 10 years now, so I have improved a little.
I had to take the picture without my glasses. I hate wearing glasses, but contacts are horrid for me because of my perifrial(?) vision.
I guess I don't have to worry about volume too much. Although, here's a secret for those who enjoy natural air-drying for their hair... put small butterfly claws in your hair, bring the sides and back hair up to the top while it starts to dry. Once you feel your hair only being slightly damp or almost dry, take the claws out and bend over and shake your hair. This is best done with gel or moose, but it adds volume to any type of hair. It looks wild while it is drying, but I usually wash my hair, then do some chores while I wait for it to dry so I forget about how I look. Believe it or not, even I need to work for volume. Otherwise my curls would just look like ramen noodles hanging on my head!
Oh, and thanks about the color, Lorrin! I love the dark hair and fair skin contrast. Shawn likes it, too!
I am so impressed that you cut your own hair. It looks amazing too! I think you did a great job!
I cut the boys hair, and then get my own professionally cut by a woman who works out of her home. She only charges $30 for cut, color, wash, dry, and style. I love it!
Post a Comment