Thursday, August 09, 2007

Just Us Girls!

Skylah and I have a whole new world with Big Brother and Big Sister at school. So far, we have taken a trip to the mall to play on the playground; gone to the Library to get a mound full of books for everyone.... But today! Today.... we went to Russell Stover's!! (Thanks for encouraging the idea, Emily!!!)

Skylah. How would you feel if we got some Ice Cream??
Aaaannnnnd, what if we bought a BIG BOX of CHOCOLATE??

So, off we go to Russell Stover's, which is exactly 10 miles from the main intersection at 72 from our house!

This is what we sat next to...

while we ate this....

And came home with this!!! Russell Stover has an annual Case Sale, with cases of practically every kind of Russell Stover candy you can think of, in boxes ranging from $4.99-$19.99. This is a big box of assorted chocolate boxes we scored for $9.99. We also managed to find Shawn's favorite Black Licorice and some hand packed candy corn (Yuuuummmmm!) to bring home.

This box of chocolate counts as Food Storage.... right?

7 comments:

Emily said...

Okay Hope... you have offically started an obsession! What a fun place, I was so jealous UNTIL-- I googled Russell Stover and found that there is a store in Dallas, about 45 minutes from my front door! ! ! ! ! ! do you know how excited I was to find this? I will have to make a trip out there in the comming weeks. Thanks for the cute pictures... and tell me, what are you going to do with all that Chocolate? Is that box as big as it looks? I think to rough chop them and bake them in cookies would be heavenly. Can you freeze it?

Heather said...

Yes, I too am obsessed. I started drooling and Anthony wondered what was wrong. Just eyeing the candy, thats all.

Bama Holcomb Family said...

What's funny is I watched Marie Antoiunette(?) last night! LOL

I looked on the map on the bag of the bag I brought home of the smaller goodies, and noticed there was one close to Dallas. That is awesome Em! You will love it. But go with some discipline! There will always be next time! Oh, and I think the annual case sale is only in August.

Heather, I looked at the map because I was curious if any of my fellow bloggers would be able to benefit from the Russell Stover's locations. I was bummed to see it hasn't gone very far west. Maybe Emily and I can ship out some of our discounted chocolate!

Yes, the box is as big as it looks. It contains 48 heart-shaped boxes, each containing 8 pieces of chocolate-covered caramel or nougat! I am totally thinking of fridgerating them and chopping them and doing some serious baking. Then maybe even some chocolate bundle cookies (cookie dough wrapped around one whole piece of chocolate, baked, then you bite in and enjoy the oozing pleasure!

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Did I mention they sell 5 lb bars of chocolate?! And did you notice what is behind Skylah in the picture of her and her cone? A huge stack of chocolate fountains. I think I am obsessed as well. This is soooo dangerous. I think on the next visit I will be good and pick up a case of sugar free lemon drops!

Emily said...

Maybe I should get out there before the sale is over, though I have no idea of what I would do with so much chocolate right now, with our trip and all. Maybe I will catch it next August.

I LOVE Marie Antionette, that is one of my favorite movies, and it really puts you in the mood for chocolates, petit fours, and cake. I had a Marie Antionette Movie party back in May and we gorged on all things chocolate. I made a Red Velvet cake. Of course, more chocolate. I have chocolate on the brain Hope, thanks a lot!

Sarah said...

Now that is my kind of "girls" outing. It looks like you had a great time. I love the picture of Skylah with her foot in the air. She looks so adorable.

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Hey, Em... glad I could help! LOL

Definitely something Skylah and I should do occasionally. Next time we will have to visit the roadside farmers for their fresh peaches!

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates