Friday, August 24, 2007

100 Things About Hope

I took on this challenge from a fellow Alabama Blogger! Take it on!!!

13 comments:

Emily said...

Hope, just letting you know so I can get something going!? Jeff is flying to your area 4 times next month. Hope we can get together at least once for dinner!!

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Awesome!! Hey, on that wonderful note, Shawn will be gone on business from September 10th, thru September 16th. Also, if you are not picky about food, I am already thinking of a great little Cajun restraunt that we love. We haven't been in a while, so that will be great!
Oh! I am sooooo excited now!

Emily said...

Jeff is in Huntsville the 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th. We were wondering if you had seating enough for our family in cars, or if we will have to rent a car. Jeff also said that the boys and I could arrive earlier and meet up with you for some chit chat at your home, and then pick him up for dinner. Let me know when you want us Hope, the time is up to you, we are pretty open to anything!! I am so excited... maybe we could stop by that chocolate place?!

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Okay, this is too cool! Since you will be coming over, I will definitely need some time to get my home straightened up!! LOL
So, let's say the 21st. I have room for you and the boys in my van, and then Shawn could probably pick up Jeff after work. If you mean time of day, shoot, I am up for any time after 8am. I am up at 5:30, and the two older are gone by 7. So, whenever is fine with me!
Can I just say, again, that I am so excited?!

Emily said...

GREAT!! The 21st is perfect. I have no idea when the flights are, but what I can do is get your phone # and just call you when we arrive, that way if they bump me, you won't have to wait around. Jeff lands at 6. Hope, are you so excited? We are so excited! As for the resturant, we are up for anything without fish. So, whatever!! ;) I will keep in touch... let me get your e-mail address again as my address book is so disorganized and I may just have your old one (how sad is that)>

Emily said...

Flights=
1:11
2:40
5:55
I'll try my best to make the earliest flight! Hope, have I said I am so excited yet?

Bama Holcomb Family said...

I don't think so... at least not in the last 10 minutes! I don't think I have mentioned it, either!! I think I am just a little excited! Oh, I hope you are able to catch the first one. Shawn is starting to ask questions about Jeff, like "Does he work for a commercial airline?" and "Is he a Pilot?" "Is he Captain, yet?", etc. I told hime I am only sure that he is working on becoming a Captain, the rest he will have to ask Jeff for himself when he gets here. (Well, obviously he is a pilot, but I think he meant is he a pilot for a commercial airline.)

Emily said...

Yes! He is a pilot for American Eagle Arilines, he is currently not a captian, but working his way up. He hopes to work for American Airlines someday.

I am going to try my best to make the 1:11 flight, we will probably all eat lunch on the plane, so we don't have to worry about that. I will jut call you either when we board, or when we land.

How far are your guys from the airport? Our hotel is at the airport, so getting us to where we need to be that evening should be easy. We are leaving early the next morning on a 6am flight.

I think Cajun will be fun, and I will try a bite of the alligator. I don't think I would eat turtle, but I will try a SMALL bite of alligator. ;)

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Cool!
I was going to ask if you all were staying over or not in Huntsville. Then when I started to read further found out that you are, and thought that you all could stay here overnight. However, since the hotel is right there, and you will most likely be active around 4am, then it is probably best that you all are right there. However, the airport is not far at all. Maybe 20 minutes. Although I am not positive about that since I have only driven there once with Shawn.

The alligator is good. Shawn seems to remember it as being tough to chew, but I think it is good nevertheless. I am not sure I would be able to eat turtle either. But I am sure we can find something for everyone. If you all are up to it after dinner, maybe we can head back to the house for some Wii time. We can play tennis! LOL

***LIZ*** said...

I want to come visit! These are the times I wish that Adam worked for the airlines. You girls have fun, and does Jeff ever fly this way? We live ten minutes from the airport!

Emily said...

Liz,
Jeff rarely makes it west, the most west that he flies is Lubbock, TX. (Though, that is supposed to change in the fall to Roswell, NM) Most of the western flights through Eagle start in LA, and we are based in Dallas. Sorry Liz, we will make it out your way maybe in the spring. We can meet up for lunch or something at the Rainforest Cafe. My kids love that place!

Hope, We will probably have to head back to the hotel sometime around 9, so Jeff can rest up for the next days flights. We will have to leave our hotel room at around 4:45am! I am excited to eat Cajun! (you are sure they have chicken!?)

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Okay, I am not 100% sure about the chicken. But I know there are non-fish dishes. I will try to find out. Are you allergic, or just don't like it?

Liz, sorry you are so far from here. It would be fun to get together with all of us.

Okay, I am still not sure if I have mentioned it... I am sooooooo excited!

Emily said...

Hope, We might as well be allergic, we just don't like seafood.... and I know we are missing out on SO MANY GOOD THINGS! But alas... just a Loria thing I guess. Chicken, Beef, Pork or things of the like are what we can do. I would still love to eat Cajun though. I could just do red beans and rice. I had some of that in New Orleans and LOVED it! ALSO-- do you know if you can get Pralines anywhere? I have been craving some good southern pralines.

Sorry we are so difficult!

PS. I am excited!

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates