Decisions!?!?!?!?
Okay, so Shawn and I are going to be painting... A LOT!! When we bought this house a little over a year ago, we painted what we felt was essential, and easiest considering we had no furniture for 3 weeks. So, now we are preparing to switch some rooms around, including moving Zach into my craft room, changing his current room into our guest/craft/office room. We will be eliminating the Playroom, since the kids don't play in it, and turning it into the game room (gotta put the hockey table somewhere & it would be nice to have a designated board game area). We will be painting Zach's new room, the new guest room, Skylah's room, Shawn's and my room, the hall & the two other bathrooms.
Sounds like a lot, I know. But, it needs to be done. I know what I will be doing in all the rooms, except one.... Shawn's and my room. A decent sized master suite with a hall leading into it. Has two windows on connecting walls, which overlook the backyard. Lovely to wake up to. Right now, the room is very light blue, with sky blue accents, and an ugly border at the top... not to mention the birgandy curtains. Which at first I thought were nice, but am quickly becoming tiresome of them. I am ready for a change. I am ready to make this room our bedroom. I am thinking dark, somewhat romantic with a relaxing feel. Not to frilly, somewhat masculine (Shawn and I both hate frilly and modern). So, I am thinking one of these two circled colors for the walls...
I first liked the reddish one. However, my thoughts are now leading towards the purple. Shawn is not to keen on red either. They do look a bit lighter than what the scanner put them in as, but not much. And these are not precise either. They are what I could find in our drawers of paint color samples. I still want to hear from you. I am currently thinking very mildly Asian themed. With some cherry blossoms, a few water color paintings, some etched glass on our entertainment center to help conceal the dvd's, and a piece of fabric concealing the TV (disguised as a picture all on it's own on rods extending from side to side on the top and bottom to hold it all in place; a slit down the middle to draw it open when we want to watch some TV). Also, we will be taking the computer out of our room and putting in the guest room combo, and replacing the furniture in the corner presently with a comfy chair and a small bookstand.
Thoughts?? Hopefully it all sounds good. I will be putting light, airy white curtains up to brighten things a bit.
So, now I want your opinions!! More reddish-purple or dark purple??






3 comments:
I vote for the brown-purple of the choices you have. All though if you are going to do cherry blossoms, which I think is a wonderful idea, cherry blossoms are one of my favorite flowers. I would suggest going with a brown wall, or maybe just an accent wall.
I too prefer the brown purple, I love deep rich colors and how they make a room feel more substantial. In order to balance out the color I would do what Liz said and either make it an accent wall, or counterbalance with light accents so things don't get too dark. I also love cherry blossoms, and could see a silouette or something painted in a slightly lighter shade somewhere on the wall?? Just an idea. (I can tell you how to do this.) Also something to keep in mind, the complementary color for purple is yellow, so a light yellow would be nice also. I love this sort of thing, it is right up my alley.
I like the richness in the brown-purple as you two call it. However, it still has too much brown and red in it for Shawn's liking. I think I will look for a eggplant shade that has a slight touch of red/brown in it for richness.
I am planning white curtains, bright watercolor portraits behind the bed, a sillouette etching on the entertainment center glass pannel, I found a bed comforter that has large squares of Ivory and White, it just stood out to me, and I will throw in some colorful throws along with it. It definitely won't be dark! But I am planning on painting all the walls. I think our room is big enough, and the position of the windows will keep it bright.
Thanks, Emily & Liz!!
Post a Comment