Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Purple Sunset

As I lie there in my bed asleep,
dreaming a dream so welcome & warm~
I could only wish it were real.

The man in my mind during this
time of deep sleep, was more than
who he seemed.

My Father, My Friend, my life-long
mentor.
My guide, my pal, my father & friend.

As I gazed out the window, in
this dream of mine,
I looked upon him in his Youthful Glow.

A man as I remember, but energetic
as the Sun which shines
& the Moon that glows.

He was playing with all the young children;
running with the greatest of ease.


As I Looked upon him with his child-like charm,
I turned and sought him out.
I approached him with a Tear in my eye,
anxious to hold him in my arms.
He turned and Came to me.

He picked me up and held me So close.
A Hug I will always remember.
He turned to leave me, but I just held on
tight.
I could Never let go of My father, my friend.
~ Written by Hope Holcomb, October 2004

2 comments:

***LIZ*** said...

So Beautiful! I love the photos & the music, everything combined together is such an amazing effect.

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Thanks, Liz.

I took the pictures after a rain in the evening, and couldn't decide what to write. So I dug through my poetry journal and found this poem I wrote 3 years ago. I am hoping I can get some more great nature pics soon and post the poem I wrote about my mom. Maybe today at the crystal caverns!

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates