I Will Survive!
The song is ringing and repeating itself over and over in my head! "I will survive" is my new themefor the past 2 weeks, as well as the next 2!
Shawn was in bed for several days while his back was causing his leg to be put out. He had a epideral on Tuesday of last week to help his back, and in turn help his leg. He had to stay in bed for a couple more days, then he went back to work on Thursday. Friday morning, it was my turn. I awoke in cold sweat pouring off my body, chills and fever all over, barely walking, seeing straight.... And My Tonsils HURT!!! I felt like I was trying to swallow through two golf balls. OUCH!!! So now it's Shawn's turn to take care of me and the kids, after he got home from work on Friday. Yep... half dead on Friday with 3 kids to take care of was not the greatest thing. But, they enjoyed their Duck Tales DVD set!! I managed to get out of bed to make them some hot dogs for lunch (Note: teach Zach how to use knife and cook ASAP!!), then it was back to bed. I was able to make it on a diet of cranberry juice and warm V-8. Both of which I barely managed to swallow. Of course I stayed home from church and Grandma's house on Sunday, getting up twice (once to do some dishes and make some lunch for the kids when they got home from church & second to fold some laundry and put it away while they were all at Grandma's for Sunday dinner) to begin to test myself. I was exhausted! Monday, I moved around a bit around the house, actually got a shower & even drove the car for a bit. Yesterday I managed again to get some stuff done, and today I am feeling a little better as well. My tonsils still hurt, and my dizziness is pretty constant. But overall I am doing much better!!
3 Tips to Surviving AFTER an Illness...
#1 Get out of that bed!!!

#2 Fold the Clothes so everyone (including YOU) can get dressed!!

#3 Get those diapers ready because Daddy aint changin' no more dities!!

NOW... be wipe your brow and be grateful the first real challenge your kids present you with once hubby goes back to work is simply to have colored all over themselves with marker (these pics are the AFTER shots from their shower and cleanup.... guess they'll have to look like dragqueens for a couple days).









5 comments:
You know how to find out your hidden drag queen name right? it's:
The name of your first pet +
your mothers maiden name=
your hidden drag queen name.
I'm Fuzzy McIntire... Jeff is Peanuts Hein. What's yours?
I am Snowball Thomas... mine stinks! I thought it was the name of your first pet and then the name of the street you grew up on ... Snowball Kerry. They make super cute drag queens though. And I love your YELLOW wall! So bright & cheery. Also very impressed with you and Lorrin with the cloth diapers... you are both my hero.
I guess mine would be Gingersnap Wilson. That one strikes me in an odd way. Believe it or not the Yellow wall is actually a deep golden, almost brown. Pics show it a little different in my opinion. But thanks!
Mine would be Ossie Smith...not bad. I am so sorry you had to go through all that pain. I hate even the smallest throat pain. I love the art work!!
Love the names so far! I found out today that I have strep... again! That is twice in a week! The antibiotics were working the first time, then last night (a day after I was done taking the antibiotics) my throat starting hurting again. I woke up this morning and it was all back. So I went into the doctor this afternoon and she gave me a slightly stronger antibiotic (considering I am allergic to pennicilin, she is doing the best she can), and sent my clutlure off to the lab. Hopefully next week I will be feeling a lot better. For the time being, I get to sample a whole bunch of the new soups that are out! Kroger has it's own brand of some pretty snazzy flavors!!
Oh! And I am getting a surprise tomorrow!! I will take pics and post them as soon as it is all set up! I can't wait!!!!
Post a Comment