Valentine's Day from Shawn
Shawn is a hidden Romantic! He appears all Macho-like, but inside he is one of the most thoughtful people I have ever met...

Did I get the 4 hours out of the house? No. Did I get spoiled by a guy who loves me? Yes, indeed... Oh, and why did Ranoah shout "Happy Birthday, Mommy!"? That was code for "Mommy's back, put the drill away and get out here before she suspects anything!!!"

A couple weeks before V-day, Shawn asked me what I would like for the Hallmark Holiday. My instant reply was that I wanted 4 hours out of the house... just him, me, the car & NO kids!
Valentine's Day rolled around, and Shawn woke up and, instead of heading out to work like he usually does, told me I could go and run my morning grovery errand without the kids! Awesome!! I enjoy those opportunities! So, I went. When I got home, Ranoah was hiding and popped out shouting "Happy Birthday, Mommy!". I instantly snapped at her because Skylah was still asleep. Shawn came out and said Hi, then shot out the door to work.

It was a typical day, watching other peoples' kids, doing dishes, folding laundry, changing diapers, etc. I made a yummy Pot Roast for V-day dinner, Shawn and I put the kids to bed, and then it struck.... The Romantic guy I married 8 years ago!

It was a typical day, watching other peoples' kids, doing dishes, folding laundry, changing diapers, etc. I made a yummy Pot Roast for V-day dinner, Shawn and I put the kids to bed, and then it struck.... The Romantic guy I married 8 years ago!
Shawn put his arm around me and took my into our bathroom (now I know you are thinking "What?! The Bathroom?!?!.... but you have to understand our bathroom is a large one with a hottub and extra space). As I walked in, instantly I was surrounded by dim candle light and soothing music. When I looked closer, there was a deluxe chocolate cheesecake, sparkling grape juice & 2 tall glasses on the countertop; his laptop with the Main Menu of Far and Away playing on it. Over to my other side were three brand new reflective shelves on the wall with towering Vanilla scented candles lit on them, surrounded by heartshaped silk rose pedals.
Did I get the 4 hours out of the house? No. Did I get spoiled by a guy who loves me? Yes, indeed... Oh, and why did Ranoah shout "Happy Birthday, Mommy!"? That was code for "Mommy's back, put the drill away and get out here before she suspects anything!!!"






No comments:
Post a Comment