Countdown.....10...9...8...7... Houston, we are no go.
It was a cold, breezy winter morning. Before the sun even thought about coming over the horizon to begin to warm us. But the excitement and anticipations were high. (For those football fans out there, this is like going to a live game for us Space nerds!)
This was scheduled to be the last night launch in the Space Shuttle program. The last chance to see something like this was coming so close. While the countdown clock was held at 9 minutes, they made the announcement. "We are no go for launch due to weather." 4:25 am, give or take a few minutes, EST. Time to board the buses and head back. We still had a great view.
For those who don't keep up with all this NASA stuff, they tried again Monday early morning while I was at the airport waiting to board my plane home. Shawn called from Mission Control to let me know they were go for launch. So I, and the other passengers awaiting flights, headed for the Eastward windows to view the launch. It was a beauty of a launch!! I am still so glad I was able to be a part of it!!






2 comments:
Great pic's!!! Glad you had a good time, even if you didn't get to be THERE for the launch!
Man, Dan told me those night launches are amazing! Sorry you missed that. I'm glad you got to see it from the plane anyway.
Post a Comment