The Joy of the Season 2009
This season started off with me being sick, and being sick again. It was hard at first to get the feeling that Christmas, the day we celebrate our Savior's birth was around the corner. Along with birthdays and anniversaries to celebrate, there were other things going on that just distracted me from really remembering where the true feelings of Christmas come from. Then it happened.... the email list I signed up for a long time ago.... I received a message that was plain and simple, and directly to the point....
John 3:16~ "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
The Joy of Christmas was upon me and thankfully our entire family also. We were incredibly blessed by loving home teachers who gifted us a beautiful nativity that I will cherish always. And so, Christmas morning was upon us. We awoke to children (and husband... okay so I slept in while everyone else awoke!!) playing video games and waiting patiently for Christmas festivities to begin. So, I warmed up the griddle and prepared a new treat that we will surely enjoy in years to come.... Egg Nog French Toast. Yummy! Afterwards we had a joyful time of opening gifts that each person put so much thought and love behind. My children had so much gratitude in their hearts and hugs as they opened each gift. It brought so much peace and joy to my heart.
Once presents are opened we just let the day move along as it should... peacefully enjoying the time with each other and of course exploring the new gifts from each other. Shawn's mom was with us celebrating the wonderful morning upon us. We had fun playing games, eating our traditional Fondue lunch and dessert and just being with each other!!
The kids had an exceptionally fun time with their new toys. Few but full of fun for hours upon end!! I loved seeing their happy smiles and receiving much thanks from them throughout the day.
I had such a joyful time with my family. Later I spent a good part of 2-3 hours calling and chatting with my siblings all around the country. I missed them so much, but came to a realization earlier in the month that I am so blessed with my little family here in our Sweet Home Alabama!! Merry Christmas... and Happy New Year!!!







5 comments:
Looks like a great day. I love the gun but lets not forgot we live in the south. I am sure that gun was used fighting them there yankees.
I need that Egg Nog French Toast recipe!
what a great day!
Shawn's family and my family were long gone during the Civil War (with the exception of a portion of Shawn's family who, yes, fought for them there Yankees). And I am pretty sure that although some may have started off with a Brown Bess, the weapons industry took off "with a bang" during that era to create all sorts of mahem for both sides, which long retired the Brown Bess. ;)
A Brown Bess hu? What fun! I love those lazy Christmas days, where everyone plays together. What a great day. Will you send me your address? I've got a christmas card with your name on it...
Post a Comment