Last First
One of the sad parts of being 99.9% sure you have had your last child, is realizing each first is the last. No more first solid foods. No more first steps. No more first words...
It has it's upside, too you know. No more diapers. No more potty training. No more spit-up. (Almost) No more midnight wakings...
But this first I was hesitant to let go by. My baby's first day of school. Really??? We celebrated her 5th birthday the day after. So many people have asked me if she is old enough? I have to confess... Yes, indeed. She has been ready to leave my arms for about 6 months now. And she has grown so much just in the first week of school. She is a big kid now.
I can't leave out my other babies though! Mr Z is actually in the 4th grade this year. Uh-uh. No way. I refuse to believe my little stinkbug is this old.
Drama Queen, Missy Joe? Yep, she's growing too. 2nd grade. She is becoming such a wonderful young lady! (Although I still need to teach her not to look over her glasses.








3 comments:
Kids do grow up too fast!!! Mine aren't even as old as your kids are, but I still think they are getting too big too fast! Yes, there are perks to them getting bigger, and they can do so much more on their own, but it's nice to have them as the sweet innocent little babies in our arms!!
I'm have issues with this, too, as we debate whether we're done or not. In some ways, it sounds so great, in others, I'm sad to think we may be done.
Glad the week went well, Skylah was so excited to share all about it!
I feel the same way about firsts! I'm about to have my last first birthday party to plan and it's a little tear jerking to think about. I am still very happy to be done, it definitely feels right, but it's hard to let those little firsts go. Your kids look so sweet. I hope they all have a fantastic year!
Post a Comment