East Coast Family (Part 7)~ Lexington & Concord
Day 2 in Boston. Cedric and Aunt Meghann had a play date that they had to keep, so the rest of us went to Lexington. At the Visitor's Center we watched a portrayal of the night of the Shot heard Round the World. It was interesting at the time we went, because an entire field trip of special needs students were there as well. We had front row seats to two interpreters signing the entire dialogue of the documentary. Which was not in video format... it was a mannequin in spotlight narrative kind of thing. It was pretty neat.
After the show we left for what was supposed to be a 1-mile walk to see a demonstration of a musket firing. Prior to, we had to purchase those handy $2 ponchos in the gift shop because it was raining. It was more than 1 mile. Not that I am complaining. But the kids were. And that was kind of exhausting... the tired kids, not the walk.






2 comments:
What an amazing trip to take. I love all the history! I'm glad you guys are having fun, and you're getting some great pics too!
Sounds like you had a great trip! You took wonderful pic's! I have been to Boston once, but I haven't done the whole historical tour thing. I would love to go there and spend some time one day!
Post a Comment