Thursday, January 08, 2009

Heart 2 Heart

Can I just say how grateful I am to be a mom right now?!

Last year one of my goals, and biggest struggles was to try to control my tone with my children. Too often I have found myself yelling at the top of my lungs at them, just because they are being themselves and I happen to be the one with a headache. I have felt pretty successful at my attempt to lower my tone, get down at my children's levels and communicate with them, instead of the good old inferiority complex being bestowed upon them.

Lately I have found myself on my knees more frequently, praying. I am reading more and just appreciating life around me a lot more. Today I realized just how important that was as I was reading a section in the Parenting Guide that is put out by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Each time today, after that reading, I found myself even more compassionate towards my growing children. Especially when discussing with them their actions from just moments before.

I am so grateful for this opportunity my Heavenly Father has given me to raise His children, one of His sons and two of His daughters. What a tremendous responsibility and gift. My heart is full right now.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Oh, Hope! You are such an inspiring Mom. I'm so grateful to have you in my palm of friends.

I'm actually thinking much on the gift of Motherhood right now. I am writing a poem for a friend, who today, holds her 6 week old daughter's funeral.

On another note, I didn't know there was a Parenting Guide! Hmmm. One to look for, I'm sure.

Charity said...

Well said. How blessed we are to be a part of our children's journey.

Blog Archive

Followers

Crafty Blog!!!!

Vote For A Cure

Photobucket

Help Fight Breast Cancer by Clicking!!

The Breast Cancer Site

 

Our Forever Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates